Sleeping on cold side

Beardie name(s)
Delilah
I just got my bearded dragon on last Saturday and last night she fell asleep laying on her log branch on the cool side what do I do, do I move my heat lamp move her to the basking spot idk what to do

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
What is the temp on the cool side. If it isn't below 70 degrees it's fine. (Some say 68 degrees but I use 70 as my low end) If it's cooler than that euther move her or move the heat emmiter closer to her.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I reread your post, you called it a heat 'lamp' if it's a red bulb throw it in the trash and go get a heat emitter. The red bulbs will damage the eyes and will disrupt your beardies sleep. They need dark at night, so no heat source that puts out light.

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
What is the temp on the cool side. If it isn't below 70 degrees it's fine. (Some say 68 degrees but I use 70 as my low end) If it's cooler than that euther move her or move the heat emmiter closer to her.
It was about 70 this morning before her lights came in the morning she finally just came down off the log and went behind he basking platform I haven't seen her climb up the back like normal yet though

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
She
I reread your post, you called it a heat 'lamp' if it's a red bulb throw it in the trash and go get a heat emitter. The red bulbs will damage the eyes and will disrupt your beardies sleep. They need dark at night, so no heat source that puts out light.
It's not red it's white she's just in the corner looking at the glass I have a background around all sides but the front

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
She has finally made it to the top of her basking rock

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Temps in the tank need to be taken w/ digital probe thermometers for accurate temps- you want 95-100 for a surface basking temp for a adult dragon -- low 80's on the cool side and night time temps ambient 65-75- dragons like cool and dark at night - it helps them metabolize their system

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
When they are cool it takes them longer to get moving, it's just the nature of exotherms.
Any light at night is a bad idea, it will deprive them of restful sleep and can lead to ither health issues. You can get heat emitters even in the pet section of walmart now. Their only like 10 to 15 bucks. (Avoid petco, those *****s are asking friggen 70 bucks now)

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
Temps in the tank need to be taken w/ digital probe thermometers for accurate temps- you want 95-100 for a surface basking temp for a adult dragon -- low 80's on the cool side and night time temps ambient 65-75- dragons like cool and dark at night - it helps them metabolize their system
I have a probe thermometer she's just a baby but her basking area is about 96 right now

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
When they are cool it takes them longer to get moving, it's just the nature of exotherms.
Any light at night is a bad idea, it will deprive them of restful sleep and can lead to ither health issues. You can get heat emitters even in the pet section of walmart now. Their only like 10 to 15 bucks. (Avoid petco, those *****s are asking friggen 70 bucks now)
Yea she don't have any lights on at night I got the halgon floodlight heat not the heat lamp one

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
So this morning After her lights came on she saw a cricket the was left in there and got it within 2 hours is that okay... Ive never owed a bearded dragon and have like a million questions all the time and I've only had her for a week and leave early in the morning for work so until I get home @ 2:30 I don't really know how she acts

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Please be careful about leaving crickets over night, they will bite and injure your dragon.
As for the temp, you can raise the basking a bit closer to the light, or get a stronger light. Either works 🙂
As far as questions ask about anything your unsure of, we are all here to help. We all love beardies and the people who try to treat them well. You don't evet have to guess, there is someone here knowledgeable about just about anything.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a probe thermometer she's just a baby but her basking area is about 96 right now
Please get the temp up to 105-110- till around 6 months of age --- please tell me what UVB your using-- NO coils please you want a long tube fixture -- coils go in domes

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom