Silkworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
I'm thinking of switching back to a type of worm for Haku rather than the crickets. I don't know much about silkworms. What's a good place to order from. I was getting my butter worms from Mulberry farms. Are they hard to take care of? How should they be stored and are there any bad sides to them?

Silver

Hatchling Member
I order my silks from Mulberry Farms as well....Silver loves them so much he recognizes the container.Make sure you follow the directions on the bottom of the containers. They easily last a couple weeks. Keep some crickets or supers in his diet ...only saying this because Silvers stools got a little loose from them. I'm pretty sure the chitin helped firm them up again. He also gets Phoenix worms, crickets and an occasional super.

Jeanne

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Do you find them easy to store and take care of? Do they turn into anything? Had a terrible experience with a few reptiworms turning into flies and scaring me.

Silver

Hatchling Member
Don't worry....they just get mushy. They start to darken in color and then you know to pick up the pace feeding them off.

Jeanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom