Silkworms as feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnki

Juvie Member
I've read many posts here about folks feeding tons of crickets and such to their dragons---I became concerned because bruno, my dragon, doesn't eat nearly half of the amount. I feed silkworms and dubia roaches and still bruno is plump and healthy.

I'm thinking he doesn't eat as much because silks are higher in fat and other nutrients so doesn't need as much.

He eats like 8-10 medium -large silks a day and a few roaches.

Anybody have any other thoughts on this?

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, thats great that he's eating so much...just once he's an adult you will have to cut back on the feeders. Silkworms are great!

burt1016

Juvie Member
hey i just switched to silkies. i orderd 500 eggs. only like 100 hatched than like 50 died than like another 20 died so now it like 30. so i origanly i fed leavs. than they all died. then i waited for more to hatch and i bougth food. than they got bigger into ike a inch and turned white. and tried leaves agin. they finnaly ate it and saw holes in the leaves. but now i got i gigantic prob. the mullbery leaves died and they r eatin leaves... so u see where i am going? oh yeah i am also using these guys for science fair. ugh.... i gunnu get a f omfg. help!!!

neecie

Juvie Member
My 4 month old didn't eat a ton of crickets like we read about............but also wasn't good at chasing them around her viv and I (lets remember, we're in charge) didn't want any hiding and possibly nibbling on her in the night. So got some silkies and phoenix. She loved both - but silkies are higher in fat and aren't as easy to keep...the phoenix are the HIGHEST in calcium. So now P are her entree of choice - I put them in a little plastic baby food (Gerber) container and hold it in front of her till she has all she wants..........maybe set it down for a later snack. She gets these between 4-6 ----------in the am it's the salad bar. All is well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom