Silkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor1989

Hatchling Member
I noticed alot of members breed and sell beardies. I was looking for a silk back trans beardie. I have a itatian leatherback that need a vet so am going to have know choice to surrender him. I really love the silks and know there well with reptisun 5 and using aloe gel for skin. With a new baby silk will give plenty of time with saving money for vet. Never new a beardie could see vet. If anyone has a very cheap silk for sale please pm me. My leatherback is only pet I have and really going to miss him. Getting feeders and light bulbs isnt a problem. I never could afford a silk they cost alot but always wanted one. Babys are really fun miss him being so tiny like he was a year ago.

RockHound

Hatchling Member
You can't afford a vet for your sick dragon and yet you think someone here will sell or give you a silk back? Knowing that they can easily injure themselves, have more intensive care and are likely to incur even MORE veterinary costs?

Don't think so..

raptor1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
RockHound":3p6rezbe said:
You can't afford a vet for your sick dragon and yet you think someone here will sell or give you a silk back? Knowing that they can easily injure themselves, have more intensive care and are likely to incur even MORE veterinary costs?

Don't think so..
Thinking to adopt silk back and your wrong.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
RockHound":ty3g4vlm said:

Don't think so..

Quoted for truth.

It's fine that you want a silkback, but you need to take the more responsible path, save up money so you will be able to take care of one properly (and this includes saving up for possible vet bills) and THEN purchase your dragon.

-Brandon

raptor1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2tbx2na9 said:
RockHound":2tbx2na9 said:

Don't think so..

Quoted for truth.

It's fine that you want a silkback, but you need to take the more responsible path, save up money so you will be able to take care of one properly (and this includes saving up for possible vet bills) and THEN purchase your dragon.

-Brandon
I not even sure if I get another silk back because there not cheap. I have alittle saved for vet but not enough for raptor with vet I found. I going to take precautions with another if I choose to get one. I like the non scale dragons the pet store ones are not colorful just grey and orange. I found a vet wish it was closer to me then over 20 mile away. Silk back care really all I need is aloe gel but the lotion not sure about. They use reptisun 5 for sure right. Thank for giving your honest suggestions will be prepared. I took very good care of raptor he eat a lot of crickets remember getting 200 every other day. I really miss raptor not being himself.

RockHound

Hatchling Member
I just find it interesting that your other dragon isn't even in the ground yet, and you aren't taking him to the vet to even have a chance at getting better, and you're already looking to get another dragon. It's this sort of irresponsible behavior that irritates those of us on this forum, because we've dealt with the damage firsthand. If you can't afford to keep the one you've had a long time and supposedly love healthy, what makes you think you can care for another? What happens to the other one when you get the new one? Will you stop caring for him altogether? What happens when the new one gets hurt or sick? You'll be back here with the exact same sob story.

And what's this about the pet store dragons not being pretty enough? Silk backs are "designer" dragons and that's why they're expensive. There's nothing wrong with wild type dragons, and they are overall healthier and easier to care for.

If you must have a pet, get a betta fish. Or better yet, draw a smiley face on a rock.

raptor1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
RockHound":2tle9hrq said:
I just find it interesting that your other dragon isn't even in the ground yet, and you aren't taking him to the vet to even have a chance at getting better, and you're already looking to get another dragon. It's this sort of irresponsible behavior that irritates those of us on this forum, because we've dealt with the damage firsthand. If you can't afford to keep the one you've had a long time and supposedly love healthy, what makes you think you can care for another? What happens to the other one when you get the new one? Will you stop caring for him altogether? What happens when the new one gets hurt or sick? You'll be back here with the exact same sob story.

And what's this about the pet store dragons not being pretty enough? Silk backs are "designer" dragons and that's why they're expensive. There's nothing wrong with wild type dragons, and they are overall healthier and easier to care for.

If you must have a pet, get a betta fish. Or better yet, draw a smiley face on a rock.
You not understanding I been thinking of get a silk back even when raptor was a eating machine and was doing well. If I get raptor help and he get better I wouldn't get a silk. I found vet but can't pay for need treatment. Before I join here I never knew they had vet for reptile just cat and dog. I haven't threw raptor to the side like you saying I love him but he is going to die he's barely breath now. Isn't that the reason you come here for advice about dragons what sob story. I got a leatherback don't like pet shop beardie like the non scale dragon. I get whatever I want betta fish NO. You should go draw a smiley face on my butt. You cross the line buddie I take great care of raptor but what's wrong could be parasites who freaking knows. You are a A hole

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I am locking this thread as it does not appear to be going anywhere positive.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom