Sig size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Is it just me, or did the sig size get larger for the site? Or is it still the same size requirements?

Dementeddogz

Hatchling Member
I havent noticed but do recall it being so small I couldnt fit all my animals up there let alone a picture o.0 I need to make a very details banner to try to get it all on there :shock:

Seems it is still at its 255 character limit :-\

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Same requirements. I haven't updated anything for that in a long time. :)

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Didn't realize that the sig size was that big. Guess I need to pay more attention to things like that, cause to me they look way too big. Maybe it's my browser...

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Huh. So, I saw a sig that was CLEARLY too tall for the limits. So, I looked at the page source and saw that the line that runs the check had been broken up (a newline entered halfway through the function name). I am not sure how that happened, but supposedly it was around mid September of last year (when the file last changed). *shrug* That's been fixed now. :)

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Well alright then. :) I thought it was just me. I knew a BUNCH of them were big, and thought that it was bigger than the ones that had been allowed in the past. Glad to know that I'm not losing my mind. :lol:

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
My sig is suddenly messed up... And I know that Its the correct size for the limits.. I've seen a lot of peoples that are messed up as well.. :?:

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
The total size for the signature needs to fit within the allowed size. This does not just mean that the image is that size. It refers to the entire signature, which means the text of the signature too. The default size of font (unless specific fonts are specified in the sig) is about 20 pixels high.

Your overall signature is much larger than the 600x120 pixel allowance. 255 characters is the character limit, but there is a pixel dimensions limit too. That had been enforced until about September of last year, until a template file got damaged breaking the check that had been in place for years.

I've just updated the text where signatures are edited to make sure to specify the pixel limitations. I think an update to the software may have lost some of the stuff I had in place.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yeah. The main reason that there's a pixel limit is to keep signatures from getting out of control, and making people have to scroll and scroll and scroll, just to read through a thread, because people have signatures are push the page longer and longer (and busier and busier).

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
beardie":gtjtkj8h said:
Yeah. The main reason that there's a pixel limit is to keep signatures from getting out of control, and making people have to scroll and scroll and scroll, just to read through a thread, because people have signatures are push the page longer and longer (and busier and busier).
Just out of curiosity do u know what size your picture is? It's a good size and easy to see..

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
The image of my sig is 500x80. I have one line of slightly smaller sized text, so my total sig is 500x95 (ish).

Jess

Extreme Poster
Are you sure you couldn't just tweak it to 200 pixels high? :wink: LOL.

I resized mine, but Photobuckets is being stupid and it still thinks it is the original size. It's weird, because when you go to see it on PB it is smaller, but when I post the IMG code it is still big.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
It looks properly sized to me. You may be seeing a cached image on Photobucket. I am seeing it as it currently is, since I probably didn't have it cached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom