Should I bring my Beardie to repticon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
I'm going to repticon in a couple hours and I was thinking about bringing Dave with me. Would this be a good idea or would it be dangerous for her?

MsWanda10166

Hatchling Member
I am no expert, and a new beardie owner. I do plan to go to repticon when it comes close to me, and I have thought about taking one of mine. Here is my conclusion: Beardies like to lick everything. Lots of folks seem to not know when their beardie is sick, until they are really sick. You don't know how the folks there are going to keep their vivs. It is also going to put some limits on what you can do ie: hold other reptiles, go to eat, that kind of thing. Also beardies, from what I have seen are not social with other beardies, or any other animal, from what I have seen, and you would not want yours to get in a fight. Now if you are willing to keep your beardie on you, or have a partner than you can trade off with, and take some germex wipes or a small pocket size bottle, and your beardie does not mind a lot of commotion, then go for it. You can keep your beardie safe enough to go, it will just take a lot of careful watching.
Good Luck

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That is exactly what I was worried about. This is the first time that I'm going. Well I did go a couple years ago but I wasn't paying much attention. I'm hoping someone has gone with their beardie and if it went good.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
only if you have a harness, and possibly a place for him to hide if he seems stressed.
and if he has been socialized.

i would bring Mr Dargon in a heartbeat. he would love looking at everything. (places around me have a strict 'no personal pets' policy).
would vendors give free samples for him to try before you buy? <-- that would be awesome!

Tasty Treat is still nervous around strangers, and if too much is going on around her she tries to run. so i wouldn't bring her out.

it really depends on how your beardie would react in a busy place with lots of people.

and can you handle people constantly coming up to you and asking to touch your beardie, and ask you tons of questions that they think breeders wouldn't answer.

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am going to get a harness for he there. She hasn't been anywhere but she is calm, even with two dogs barking at her. I would also be happy to answer questions. I don't know about product samples. I didn't get he VIP tickets either.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't know if it was mentioned, but most shows do not permit you to bring your pets. You'll need to check beforehand. It causes alot of problems with people bringing in lizards, snakes , etc. and then haveng little crowds gather around, the vendors don't like people in front of their tables. So it's easier for the shows to run smoothly without lots of animals being free-handled throughout the venue.

anc90

Hatchling Member
I went to repticon last years,tons of people brought their beardies! I just noticed everyone wanted to pet them! As long as your ok with that then go for it and give it a try! :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Thanks for clarifying that. Many of the shows on the East Coast don't permit pets to be brought in. Have fun ! :)

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I ended up not going with Dave. There were alot of people with iguanas and snakes. I thought that was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom