Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Yesterday my female layed 30 infertile eggs (3rd clutch since last october) eggs all fine as usual thought that was them all...

Took her out of her tank when she had finished burying although she jumped out and I have her a quick bath and she went to sleep. I came back 2 hours later to find 1 more egg (she hadn't moved and it seemed as if she layed this whilst asleep under her blanket. I then left her as normal to go to sleep and she was happy to sleep. But I woke up the early hours and 3 more eggs... Again not moved seemingly asleep?

I'm a little worried now, she layed them on her blanket what do I leave them there as she's not awake yet it's her lights off? Or take them away? Or wake her up or leave her to lights on...

Really confused

Esther19

BD.org Addict
That's a really good question. I have no idea. But I will hazard a guess because it is so late and there might not be anyone by tonight with more experience. Is she sleeping as she normally sleeps? Breathing normally? How long has she been sleeping? I do not know if it is possible to lay eggs without effort; if they can just slip out.

I would take the eggs away. If she has been sleeping 8 hours or so, I would wake her up. Make sure to give her extra calcium, and offer water by mouth with a dropper in addition to baths. She will need the hydration and the calcium.

You know your beardie better than anyone else. She will probably let you know what she needs.

If someone comes by that knows about these things, take their word over mine. :wink: Good luck! Keep us posted on how it goes.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I'm in the UK here it's 6am. She usually gets up at 7.30am. She layed way past her bedtime last night and she went to bed at 12.30pm instead of 9pm so she has had less than 7 hours...

I'm going to wake her up because she is also only at 75c night time temps and I worry she might not have layed them all. Thank you

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Sounds excellent! I knew you'd figure it out even though I couldn't. :D
Please check in later and let us know how she is.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you I am not usually awake I just woke up in the night and checked so ill wake her in a minute and offer food and calcium bet she's worn out :(

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update:

She's alert and just had a drink but all her body is very wide like a turtle maybe where the eggs have been she is eating calcium coated locusts as we speak :) then leaving her to bask whilst I go back to sleep for a while! I don't like it when she is skinny as she looks really flimsy!

Does anyone else's dragons puff their whole body out after laying?

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Think I've figured it out, she's currently basking and as I say body puffed out she looks like a plate! I think it's an attempt to get more heat on her back! That's what I've read, I'm so happy she ate right away and drank some more after last night I'm assuming the eggs have all gone? Hmm hope so... That will be 34 in total.

Just hope the tank warms quickly so she can digest, thanks for your help.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay Xena is going crazy again and will not voluntarily go in her lay box so I've locked her in and covered with a blanket, she seems to be digging I hope she gets all the eggs out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom