Should I Be Worried? Day 3 - No Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Thought to make a separate thread to this regard, but if you may have been following little Dovah had an overfeeding event (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=166926) and threw it all up so he had a quick vet visit to assure that he was okay.
Vet gave the advice of at most 2 days no/light food. Through this time I gave Dovah greens, and a few crickets (2-3) as day. Now he was giving my highly watery poop, no smell, nothing but remains of the leafy greens, and water since I was keeping him rather hydrated throughout the two days. Urate was normal, slightly more watery from the hydration.

He has been on a normal eating schedule for the past two days, this being the third, and I haven't had a single poop come out of this little guy. Granted I'm trying not to over think it and worry, but as always, I'm worried for my little guy in anything he doesn't do that is normal or on schedule (day-by-day wise).

He isn't lethargic, he is eating anything I give him; crickets, small supers, salad greens, squash, etc. Bright eyed, hyper, and curious as can be. Even exploring the tank. Sleeping fine, still finding interesting positions and locations to sleep.
Belly does look full, so I have been feeding him less today until I see a poop, but I've been giving him a warm bath daily, as well as giving him a few drops of Olive Oil to help anything along if he is haven't a hard time with a normal feeding schedule from his two days of light food.

Belly rubbing, I find a few harder spots behind him left front arm inside his belly ~1" down just under his spike line of this side. They almost feel like toughened skin.
Mid-belly, and lower Belly just feel normal.

Naturally, he's getting plenty of basking time, and proper temps. Further information to the Viv. setup check the link if the first paragraph on the first post.

Thank you.

PS - I keep telling him to leave me a present to clean up, but I don't think he's listening. :lol:
With any luck he'll do it while I'm at work today, would be a welcoming present to discover though.

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Like usually, just worried about my baby. He left me a nice smelling pile while I work, love the crap out of the little guy for making me worry so much. :lol:

I know in my head, shouldn't worry until a week or so with no poop, and if they start acting weird, but at least we all know the feeling of worry.

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
No need to worry. When mine shed they usually dont eat or eat very little and sometimes dont poop for 4 or 5 days. Dont worry, youll get a nice present soon enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom