Shields All... Is it worth buying??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Over the summer, I was going to re-decorate Dudley and the geckos' cages with some new DIY rocks, and I was also going to start making/selling them again. :) Although Mod Podge Hard coat works well, a little bottle of it doesn't go very far, and I wanted to try making some decorations that would stand up to high humidity and washing.

A gallon of Shields All is about $50 shipped, so I was wondering if that one really is the best to get, or if there is an alternative that I could buy locally. I like the fact that it's non-toxic... The varnish stuff worries me a little, and I don't want my sculptures to need to air out for months before I can use them.

If you were to buy a DIY rock from me, would you rather pay a couple dollars more for a waterproof rock vs. a rock that could only be wiped off?

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
Waterproof!!! Go waterproof!!! mmm... That made me think of watermelon... now I want a snack:) But yes, I would rather have a waterproof rock, especially since I wouldn't want to have to replace my rock if Yoshi pooped and I couldn't clean it up until after school. :D
-Barbara

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Yeah, I'm leaning towards buying the Shields All. If only the price tag weren't so horrifying though... But it would pay off pretty quickly I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom