Setup guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beardie name(s)
Jerry
I just bought two 4’2’2 enclosures from zen and I want to know the proper lighting and lighting setup. I bought 150w basking lights and 100w Che’s and T5 uvb and hood 36”. I also wanted to know if substrate is recommended as I was think about it and if so which one? I currently bought the mats from zen.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just bought two 4’2’2 enclosures from zen and I want to know the proper lighting and lighting setup. I bought 150w basking lights and 100w Che’s and T5 uvb and hood 36”. I also wanted to know if substrate is recommended as I was think about it and if so which one? I currently bought the mats from zen.
The mats are good easy to clean - I use slated ceramic tile in mine- the 150 watt will work but you need the digital probe thermometer- 2 of them for accurate temps-- you want surface basking temps-- my 100 watt ceramic heat emitter sits on top in the middle back only used when temps are below zero here- you don't need it if the temp is 65-75- I have two basking areas in my two tanks one in the middle where the uvb temp is in the 90's hot basking side temps range from 93 or so to 105 depending on where he sits - your uvb should be inside for best rays 12-15 inches over his decor

prettygurl0714

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jerry
The mats are good easy to clean - I use slated ceramic tile in mine- the 150 watt will work but you need the digital probe thermometer- 2 of them for accurate temps-- you want surface basking temps-- my 100 watt ceramic heat emitter sits on top in the middle back only used when temps are below zero here- you don't need it if the temp is 65-75- I have two basking areas in my two tanks one in the middle where the uvb temp is in the 90's hot basking side temps range from 93 or so to 105 depending on where he sits - your uvb should be inside for best rays 12-15 inches over his decor
The probe thermometer go on the top on both ends of the tanks? Two basking lights on one side and in the middle? I was going to hang the uvb inside but I heard since it was a T5 i could leave it on top but not sure if that was good.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The probe thermometer go on the top on both ends of the tanks? Two basking lights on one side and in the middle? I was going to hang the uvb inside but I heard since it was a T5 i could leave it on top but not sure if that was good.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Here is a pic of my tank-- ok can't get the pic to post- I will show you my tank tomorrow-

prettygurl0714

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jerry
Have you heard of the Zika pro sol fixture?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Much appreciated. Thank you!
There is a 75 watt in the middle of the tank behind the UVB --- one 150 watt back big dome and a 75 watt in front of it - that is used when it is very cold out side to get temps up- as of this time right now the 150 was dropped to the 100 for summer and the weather has been up and down w/ temps so I am having to use the 75 too --- when temps get warm I usually run the middle and the 100 watt and it seems to keep the temps to where they need to be - I monitor it as I am home - I use two digital probes to get surface basking temps and a IR gun to spot check and the stick on in the back for ambient

Attachments

• Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 99

prettygurl0714

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jerry
Ohhh I see. Ok it gets pretty cold in my house so I will try to two bulbs. Set up looks good. Thank you for your help!

prettygurl0714

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jerry
I have these on the basking side

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom