seems healthy but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

angiethegreat

Hatchling Member
So Gib seems quite healthy, she's eating and running around like usual. Her temps are great (102-105F) in the basking and its varies from there thru the rest of her enclosure.
My concern is that she was abit impacted from the superworms (but thats all done now, she had a nasty nasty poop in the bath two nights ago and then in her cage today) but her tail is black from about half way down to the tip...
She is about 5 months old and is around 20" long......she eats crickets, greens, supers and a variety of veggies..... happy and content except for this tail situation... I read that the black tail means shes stressed or hurting...

please help!

Gail

BD.org Addict
How is her tail today? Its possibly she had a tummy ache and was distressed about that.

angiethegreat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
still black..... she's basking right now and she seems happy enough. we got her a new enclosure a few days before Christmas, and I was having some problems with getting the temps right for her. So maybe she has some relocation stress about it? Then we started giving her superworms and crickets, but I didn't realize that you have to gradually give them more and more supers.... I gave her like 8 or 9 right from the start! :banghead: I should have done more research..... :cry: and it's looking like she's starting to shed again, she hasn't shed since we put her in her new enclosure, so is that a good sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom