second clutch.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoemay

well maggie has deffinately filled up again (even bigger this time) :shock:

its now been 3 weeks since she laid the first clutch and she now hasnt eaten since yesterday afternoon (not like her)!!!! so ive filled her viv with soil just incase and will now just jave to wait and see how she goes..... :D

zoemay

Original Poster
well maggie is currently in the process of digging out her tunnel for clutch number 2 :D

14052012046.jpg

that was yesterday, looking extremely fed up and very big !!!

17052012047.jpg

and this is what she is doing right now :shock:

zoemay

Original Poster
so two days later and lots of digging, i come home from work at 6 to find a much slimmer looking maggie, and after some more digging (by myself) i start to find these beauties :-
19052012049.jpg

and after a good amount of careful digging and a huge shock i had this :-
19052012051.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 25 perfectly formed and fertile eggs !!!!! i couldnt believe it seen as she only had 17 in her first batch and 4 of them were infertile

and talking about the first batch, comparing them with these new eggs, i can deffinately see that they have nearly doubled in size in 4 weeks :D
19052012050.jpg

zoemay

Original Poster
hmmmm nobody interested in my updates and exciting news :( i was just wondering if anyone know weather my female will continue to have clutches ? or weather they only have 2 clutches from one mating ??? maggie is looking a lot better now and we are back to fattening her up AGAIN !!! shes now back down to a weight of 251g so i'm hoping she now wont have anymore clutches and i can get a good amount of weight on her and get her to adult size.

zoemay

Original Poster
Trajega":3hi77g3k said:
I have heard you can have up to 3 clutches from one mate. Yes, please keep updates and pics :)

hmmmm :| not really what i wanted to hear, but i think by looking at her there could quite possibly be a third clutch on the way already......
so guess i better get some more soil stocked up ready for the lay (just incase).

anyway the eggs from the first clutch are looking great and have grown LOADS !!!! i candeled then recently and there is deffinately little baby beardies wriggling around inside :D so there is only 3 weeks left till they get to 62 days and then my excitment is going to be uncontrolable lol

annlizardlover97

Hatchling Member
Have u got ur 3rd clutch yet? My girl (Miss Fatty) laid her 1st when I was outta town for up to 10 days w/ Mom in hospital w/ pancreatic cancer. When I got home Fatty's cage had 20+ eggs all over, squished in the sand, under trees, rocks & all under her nails & belly. Poor thing. I didnt no she was gravid & my neighbor feeding them didnt have a clue so I was in for a shock. A month later she starts frantically digging after having fattened up more than usual. She lay a 2nd clutch about 2 weeks ago. I didn't know this cud happened so I asked on here & was told they can lay as many as 4-5 clutches, all from one mating. Idk if Fatty will lay a 3rd or 4th or what but I know how u feel!! U may have more coming after her 3rd as well!!! Good luck with them.

annlizardlover97

Hatchling Member
I know ur sooo excited!!! Ur little ones r almost here! I remember with Bo's eggs hatching 4 yrs ago how excited I was. I'd check that incubator every 5 mins almost the last week hoping to c a little head poking out!! It's all so exciting isn't it? I'm happy 4 u!! I've lost several eggs of Miss Fatty's -- down from 19 to 10. :cry: is so humid here I think that's it but some may be infertile too so not sure. The ones left are definitely growing so, fingers crossed!! I can't post pics due to my computer being "nuked" when my car, identity, etc was stolen & I can't get 'em to post using my iPhone. There's tons of pics on my FB page but not sure how to link that here. Am NOT a computer whiz by any means. When I figure it out I'll post the FB info or link it sumhow cuz I've had lots of requests 4 pics! Can't wait to c ur baby pics!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom