Scarlett's New Rock Platform FINISHED!! (new pics P2!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
It worked great! I used about 3 coats.. However if I had it to over again I would probably use a spray bottle.. Maybe do several thin coats..

Jess

Extreme Poster
Would it glue the spray bottle together though? LOL
And how long are you letting it air out? (Sorry for all the questions!)

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Jess4921":2091v608 said:
Would it glue the spray bottle together though? LOL
And how long are you letting it air out? (Sorry for all the questions!)
LoL well after time and it sits i would imagine so.. Maybe like hairpsray clogs up the end of the bottle but if u water it down pretty good u shouldn't have a problem.. And it puts off no fumes whatsoever so I would say a day out in the air would b fine.. Its dries pretty fast but it was pretty breezy here yesterday too..

Jess

Extreme Poster
Thanks!
I'm excited to re-do my platform now. After I fix teh cracks, I'm going to spray it with the stuff that makes it look like real rock (It's on teh Beautiful Dragons site) so hopefully Dudley will get better traction on it. He has a tendancy to slip and do a faceplant into the ground when he is trying to get off/on it.
BTW, does anyone know if you can spray them with spraypaint? If is it only acrylic that is safe?

Oh and I demand pics. :D

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Here are the new pics guys! Scarlett LOVES this thing! Enjoy!

30db7b43.jpg

Going to check it out
52ea909b.jpg

4a4801ac.jpg

d7947595.jpg

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Jess4921":4e4wolag said:
Thanks!
I'm excited to re-do my platform now. After I fix teh cracks, I'm going to spray it with the stuff that makes it look like real rock (It's on teh Beautiful Dragons site) so hopefully Dudley will get better traction on it. He has a tendancy to slip and do a faceplant into the ground when he is trying to get off/on it.
BTW, does anyone know if you can spray them with spraypaint? If is it only acrylic that is safe?

Oh and I demand pics. :D

I used the weathered stone stuff that the guy from beautiful dragons used.. I'm not sure about the spraypaint b/c unless its laytex based or water based I think its toxic... HOWEVER if you let it sit outside for a few days and then cover it with the sealant it will probably take care of that.. Maybe someone else could help us with that.. Enjoy the pics! :D

mpeek

That really looks good! Nice work. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what kind of paint did you use on the rock.

btw: Your background looks just like mine. Where did you get yours?

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I used a couple coats of grout, then the weathered stone paint from beautifuldragons.com and then I sealed it with Elmers probond wood glue..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom