Savanah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Magicone98":1ooomw9n said:
I just got her a reptile hammock today. she got on it as soon as i set it up and hasn't got off it except to eat yet. good buy methinks.
You should post some pictures of her on it.

-Kaleen

stangbanger

Hatchling Member
looks like you have a black light night bulb

beardies sleep best without a light on - she would be better off without that bulb, she will be ok with nothing so long as your room temps dont dip below 60 at night

Magicone98

Original Poster
pic updates...
Sav2.jpg

Sav1.jpg

Sav3.jpg

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Spots on her belly are probably just stress marks, which babies get a lot. They get them when they are feeling chilled, grumpy, stressed, annoyed, or just because they want to (I think!)
I saw them a lot on Norris when he was Savanah's age. I nick named him Norris the grump. He was always darkest first thing in the morning...NOT a morning lizard :p Now he most often gets them because he sees me and wants out but I haven't done so yet. Post a pic! :)

I like the pictures of Savanah on her hammock. It looks like you have it with the basking lamp. Perfect, since she is on it all day, I bet!

Magicone98

Original Poster
yea, she hardly ever leaves her hammock, unless she is chasing crickets....which she is up to about 18-20 per day now, amazing as that sounds. ill try to post a video of her showing the spots in a bit, if i can get her cooperation on it....

Magicone98

Original Poster
this is a video of me showing her spots, she wasn't very cooperative during the whole process.

*no beardies were harmed during the production of this video....=P

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Hehehe YUP! Those are stress marks and they probably got darker after that. She was probably like "Hey what gives!" LOL Beardies can't breath well on their backs so they will really struggle to not go in that direction. My vet just put my dragon in the same position though for about the same length of time and boy did Norris squirm like mad.

From what I can see your set up looks nice but if you want to go over it, we can double check it and see if something is causing her a bit of extra stress? It could just be her getting used to people and dogs, etc. Or it could be that she is getting too cold, which does make dragons darken up. Like Strangbanger said colored night lights aren't choice for bearded dragons as there is mounting evidence that it can detract from a restful night of sleep for beardies. Pet stores like to sell them in their kits and they sold me one, too, when I first got my dragon. A better night time heat source is a ceramic heat emitter or above tank radiant heat panel (expensive LOL) so most of us go with the heat emitter which just gives off heat and no light. Those black, red and blue lights are good for sneaking a peek at a animal or for a nocturnal animal but that seems to be about it.

What UVB light are you using? Some bulbs have caused problems.

And what is your basking light? Pretty much any regular white or clear bulb will work, even regular house bulbs. For example, my dragon prefers GE Reveal indoor floodlights -60 watt as his basking light...when I say prefer, I mean that. I saw some serious stress marks when his first bulb broke and we were trying other bulbs. That was the one he finally approved of. There was one bulb that actually made him hide!! here is a link to a picture of him hiding with stress marks clear on his belly for you to see. I'm just putting the link again so I don't clutter Savanah's page with my pics. 8) http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Mirthling/10-7mytree.jpg?t=1318096616

Of course it might not be any of these things going on and she might just be feeling a little grouchy!
-Carrie

Magicone98

Original Poster
Update on Savannah,
She has grown a bit since the last picture postings of her. she now loves her veggies, crickets, and even the occasional colored pellet food for beardies. Her stomach spots have disappeared and seems to be a generally happy reptile. here are a few pics that i just took of her. i held her in my hand in one to give a size difference from the last time.
IMG_20120108_165740.jpg

IMG_20120108_165709.jpg

Her on my black desk/keyboard. kinda hard to see anything.
IMG_20120108_165402.jpg

IMG_20120108_165219.jpg

A bit of yellow seems to be showing up in her color patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom