sand for lay box

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
i went to the beach and got a bucket of sand....iits pretty fine......but it was soaked of course so ive been trying it and sifting through it and it turned out pretty good...

i was wondering if this is good for her laybox ......and can i put it in the tank?? she isnt going to eat it because she dosnt eat much......also my male who has had sand through his whole cage before....would this work for him???right now he has a quarter of the tank red sand.....its like 3inches.....i would just fill the other side with like half an inch of beach sand

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
I would never use beach sand. It is saturated with salt water and it does have live critters in it of the microscopic varitey. By the time you bakes it sift it clean it wash it and do it all over again, you could of spent 5 dollars at home depot for sifted play sand. I only use a sand and soil mix in the lay box I do not keep my dragons on sand nor do I reccomend it. I see you have several post going about husbandry and care and worrys for the health of your dragon. I suggest you take a moment STOP and regroup. Estabilsh what is right with your tanks and what isnt. Then systematicly fix whats wrong. When your dragons are good then start worrying about the little things.

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i am almost done drying sifting and washing the sand.....

its not from the ocean just a small lake.....is it still filled with salt??

am i going to have problems with this sand it looks and feel awsome..

i will not put sandd in any tank except the exo terra red i have with my male....he had like 15% of his tank sandand he is never on the sand because i have a log there for him to bask on...

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i put the lay box in her tank and in a minute she jumped in .....she looked like a kid hahah....sry if this was what you told me NOT to do i just ordered a retisun light for them and i dont feel i should have to buy sand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom