Sand box for eggs.... Try number one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....very few lizards will lay in a dry substrate and without being able to dig a " cave". You might try a plastic container that is a similar size that comes with a lid, cut a 7X7 " hole in the top and fill it almost full with damp sand rather than walnut [ or sand/soil mix ] Eco earth can work as well mixed with sand. Beardies like to feel secluded when they lay their eggs, their instinct is to hide the eggs and in the wild they would almost disappear while digging in the ground.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. :) I leave the lid on + cut a hole in it. That way she won't fling all the sand out like if the hole was in the side. Just put the log next to it, leading to the top and introduce her to it....they usually figure out pretty quickly where it is + how to access it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aha.....looks like she's contemplating some serious sand slinging there. :) One thing that will improve it is if you put the lid back on, just cut it in half so there's a big opening for her bit it's still partially covered OR....Find a cardboard box that will fit over the back half of the dig box. The reason for covering part of it is that she'll feel more like she's in a cave.

FortheLoveofLizzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sweet! That's gonna be my next step then. Thanks a lot for the guidance :). For now I covered it with the hammock. I was hoping you'd give me more feed back :). I'll work on lid next. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom