Runny Poo

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberGeno

Hey guys! I just have a quick question, it may be nothing to worry about.

My beardie is 3 and a half months old, 12 inches long, active, alert and loves to eat (~70-80 crickets a day, with 2 bowls of collard greens!).

Lately though, sometimes 2 or 3 times a week, he will have a runny poop. Its green and kind of mushy with a big urate white piece. I've looked at it and it seems fine (i can see some mealworm bits in there from the 2 times a week I do that) but other than that no visible parasites or bugs.

Should I be worried? Are my temps too low? They stay at 102-105 in the basking spot and 85 in the cool spot.

Any advice would be great!

Extra info - He loves to run around and when I enter the room he jumps down and wants to get out and run around. He doesnt have any 'stress marks' often..the only time is when he just wakes up. He has a 60 watts basking bulb (10g tank, about to get a 44x18x18 tank) and a 10.0 reptisun UVB light. He also has repticarpet and a log he basks on.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
I was wondering about this too. My 4 month old Norbert, a few days a week, will have really runny poo. Ive just been assuming its because Ive been switching up his veggies too much and thats his bodies response to getting used to new food. Im only assuming this because I just had a fecal done on him last month and he's parasite free. Have you had a fecal done?

Also, Norberts poo's are ALWAYS huge! lol It always surprises me but its been that way since I first got him.
I wouldn't feed wealmorms though, as they are known to cause impaction, and I would upgrade his tank asap. But your temps sound perfect and repticarpet is good too. :)

Im sure you have nothing to worry about though. Maybe try feeding dandelion greens instead of collards? They seem to tighten up Norberts poop. :wink:

UberGeno

Original Poster
I may change his veggie diet. He eats at least half a full leaf a day! And I spray water on them to keep them fresh, but I guess I better stop that too since he eats them so fast. lol

I was actually shocked to see how much he liked his collards. I read online that beardies do not develop a liking for them til later on of their first year because they do not move, but for him its a treat!

I have not had a fecal done but a month and some change ago I had him inspected by a herp and he said hes probably one of the best looking dragons he has seen in his profession around that area. Made me feel proud, so anything out of the ordinary freaks me out haha.

Thanks for the reply. I think hes ok since he is so active, but if he acts funny...hes going to the herp. :D

-Brandon

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
I would keep spraying your greens, I don't think they can be TOO hydrated. lol And I know how you feel...anything a little out of the ordinary and I freak out. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom