Roach Colony Enclosure issues??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckmaster299

Hatchling Member
Hello again everyone,
I'm back with more probably weird/dumb questions. LOL. So i am finally getting some egg flats to start my colony with. With this i have a question. what happens if i don't have all the egg flats clear of egg residue? Couple of the lil holders had soem egg left on them. I washed the carton off and got almost all of it off but not all did come off. Is this going to create a problem?
My next question is: can i spray paint a blue enclosure black on the outside to keep out more light? Or do i have to worry about killing my roaches off with fumes??? Thanks everyone for any and all help with this

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
That bit of egg residue will be fine. It will not harm the roaches at all. And their is not need to paint the bin. The roaches still need to know day to night difference. That way their breeding cycle does not get messed up. Hope this helps... :D

Buckmaster299

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thank you. that saves me time. i sprayed the top. But i'll leave the rest alone. Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom