RI, help, suggestions and prayers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
So yesterday morning I woke Spikey up for her morning cuddles. I placed her on my chest and sat down. She was still wrapped in her blankie. She always felt a little cold in the morning but I figured thats normal since they "loose" heat overnight when they sleep and not bask. Anyways so I was sitting on the couch with her and all of the sudden she opened her mouth. There was no reason why so I immediately held her head to my ear and I could hear some clicking sounds. Not very notiecable and she didnt make a sound with every breath she took.
I bumped up the temps and luckily some friends still had some reptaid. I gave her .2,5 yesterday and today. I tried my best to keep her warm last night. The fireplace was on until 2 am and I put her blankie,in which she gets wrapped up every night,in front of the fireplace before I used it so it was really warm. I then placed her under the night heat source but this morning I got up and saw that the little silly girl crawled out of her blankie and slept in a different spot. I guess it was too warm for her since they do need "cooler" temps to sleep.
She does not gape all the time, you cant hear any sounds until you hold her very close to your ear and she is currenlty glass dancing. She doesnt even have any stress marks right now. But when I gave her the reptaid she absolutely hated it and got all upset and while she was upset you could hear her breathing. The same sound you make after you ran a few kilometers. But she didnt open her mouth she was just breathing heavily from being upset.
We bought a new repti sun today (ours hit the 6 months mark) .it was ridicilously expensive (55 bucks) but I didnt wanna order it online and wait weeks.
The biggest problem is,that we will be moving back to NS next Monday and this will cause additional stress.
Is there anything else I can do besides the reptaid and the higher temps? I just want my baby to be happy and healthy and I am just so worried ,scared and nervous right now :cry:
Any comments welcome.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I am sorry about your baby :( I would message Drache613 (tracie) she is a monitor on here and knows a lot. She might know what to do about the move and all that

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I already messaged her but forgot to mention the move.
My bf already suggested to mail her (that was before she got sick) but idk I cant handle the thought of my baby being in a small box handled by strangers (maybe evn handled very rough.who knows). I think its better for her to come with us in the car. We already got a nice carrier for her and we will stop at hotels every night and put her in her old 20g viv over night so she can bask a little and is probably more comfertable than in the dog carrier (even though i really like it. Its big and has cushions and three little "windows" to look out.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So today Spikey is showing more symptoms :(
She is gaping more often and puffs out her beard etc.
Luckily I did find a vet that is open and they said i can bring her in tomorrow at 12:00.

Please,please let her get back to the healthy and happy dragon she was !! :(
I hate seeing her like this!

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, sorry to hear you girl is not feeling well. The vet will probably give you Baytril,,,that is the common medication for RI's. Just continue to keep her nighttime temps up to 80 at night. Do you see any mucous in her mouth or nose? Sometimes it can take awhile to get over an RI, but she will be fine. Try not to worry too much. When you move and she is in her carrier,,,you could use a rice sock, or sack, you microwave them for a minute or so and they get nice and warm and hold heat for quite a while.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
No mucous in mouth or nose. She is also not coughing or star gazing so I hope we cought it in the right time.
Can I just use a normal sock with normal rice or do I need a special kind?

I'll definitely keep her as warm as possible over night.

I just feel so bad :(

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Yep, normal sock, normal rice..not minute rice...I make mine out of material so they are more square,,,bigger,,,so they can lay on them...then I made these cute little pillow case things to go on them.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am the happiest person on earth ! :)
So we went to the vet today and it is NOT AN RI! Yahoo! It was old skin from a previous shed that got stuck in her nostrils and caused her breathing heavily and gaping since she couldnt breath properly. He did give us Baytril and said if we dont see any improvements until friday we should start giving her the antibiotics but he is almost certain it was just the old skin. I am the happiest person ever! And Spikey was such a good girl she didnt bite or hiss but was obviously upset when they flushed out her nostrils.
I felt so bad cause when they started wraping her in a towel she was like "blankie?oh blankie! Beddy bye time" :D but then what happened next wasnt that nice but they had to do it to help her. But we bought her some yummy hornworms as treats :) and now shes climbing and running all over her tank and just being a happy girl :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom