Respitary Infection or something else??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heathwood

Hi all,

My 9 month old bd, Ollie, is making some strange noises. I'm not sure what's causing it and if its anything to get really worried about.

The noise Ollie makes is almost like a croak or rough gurgle. He doesn't do it all the time, just occasionally. I only noticed him do it for the first time recently (about a week ago). I think its when he breaths out. He's just been sat with me in the sun and has made this noise quite a few times today while mouth gaping. The other evening when he was sleeping on my wife's lap, it was load enough to make her jump.

He often seems to keep his mouth slightly open but I haven't noticed other usual RI signs. I've listened carefully to his breathing and it doesn't seem laboured and I can't hear any gurgling / popping clicking sounds. It's just these occasional noises he makes.

Any thoughts anyone? Should I panic?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
A few questions.
How is the appetite? Other than the noises, are you seeing any type of lethargic behavior ?
How close to a shed is this animal?

Heathwood

Original Poster
Hi, thanks for the reply.

It's difficult to tell whether Ollie's appetite is ok. You see, a couple of weeks ago he suddenly decided he didn't like crix anymore. Firstly I just assumed he wasn't hungry or just prefered his greens. However, if I give him locusts he eats them up straightaway. I'm now trying to find a good staple for him and have ordered some silk worms.

He seems to have lots of energy at the moment (its nice and hot in the UK right now). He's always glass dancing trying to get out of his viv and runs around the house climbing the curtains when I let him out.

He hasn't shed for ages, although he's been at about 17 inches / 400ish grams for quite a while now (9 months old). He shed a bit around his mouth recently but nothing else. He doesn't really look ready for a shed, although I sometime see him rubbing his face on his log as if its inchy or something.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Let's see if I have this all right.
Bored with crickets, will eat locust though... You are seeking other staples.
Opening mouth, gargling noises..
9 months old, possible head shed just passed ?

Some questions:
Do you see any type of mucous type saliva when he is eating ? Or when you see his mouth open ?
Any eye issues ?
What's his feces look like ?
Thanks.

Heathwood

Original Poster
Hi,

Ollie only shed a little bit around his mouth; he hasn't been through a head shed in a while now.

He has no mucas in or around his mouth and his eyes are clear and normal. Might be worth adding that I never leave any water in Ollie's viv; just misted veg. Although I haven't got a humidity meter, surely it must be low? I also bath Ollie every other day or so, which he seems to love.

Heathwood

Original Poster
Sorry, missed one of your questions...

Ollie's faeces do look different to what I'm used to but then he's not eating his crix. Now with him eating more veg / salad his poop can be quite pale and a bit runny. Don't know whether this is normal considering his different eating habits now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom