Researching uvb lighting and found ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumiram Speciality Lamps
Lumichrome Full Spectrum Plus
Full Spectrum Plus Fluorescent
F18W-1XX Length 24" Watts 18. i was wondering if anyone has ever used this type of tube before because it emits more uvb the a repti sun 10.0 ?

iluvmybeardies

Original Poster
Made with Lumiram's unique phosphor blend, the Lumichrome® 1XX full spectrum fluorescent lamp has the highest color rendering index in the world of 98 and is the closest reproduction to natural daylight. With a color temperature of 6500°K, Lumichrome® 1XX matches outdoor lighting in the morning hours and has a bright white appearance. Since it is also produced in the T 8 version, the product uniquely combines energy efficiency with brilliant natural colors. Lumichrome® 1XX should be specified whenever superior color rendition and high energy efficiency are required. The Lumichrome 1XX is recommended for the illumination of spas, health and fitness centers, offices, photo and dental labs. And, of course, it's a wonderful choice for the home. Due to its higher output in the near UV range, (300 nanometers) this fluorescent is also quite beneficial in the pet industry, especially for the illumination of reptile cages and fish tanks.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thats not a uvb bulb.

OR at least not a bulb suitable to the UVB needs of dragons.

Any bulb that is recommended to be used under human circumstances, you can pretty much guarantee that it would be no good for our dragons UVB needs. As human bulbs are not to emit UVB as that would be dangerous to our health.

-Brandon

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Brandon is right, it's not a UVB light.
This statement that I quoted from you iluvmybeardies just means that it gives off UVA, a white light.
especially for the illumination of reptile cages and fish tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom