Reptileuv- bad service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drstepherz

I ordered a megaray bulb over 2 weeks ago and still have not received it. I called a few days ago to see what was up; no one answered so I left a message. No one returned my call. I called today and was told that my order shipped on the 2nd, 12 days after I ordered it! I am not usually unhappy with service but this really disappointed me. I hope Im the only one! :?

ZANESMAMA

Juvie Member
Drstepherz":5ccf8 said:
I ordered a megaray bulb over 2 weeks ago and still have not received it. I called a few days ago to see what was up; no one answered so I left a message. No one returned my call. I called today and was told that my order shipped on the 2nd, 12 days after I ordered it! I am not usually unhappy with service but this really disappointed me. I hope Im the only one! :?

Same thing happened to me! I called them yesterday and they said they " it would go out today". I ordered it on Feb. 23rd. I'm a little ticked off about it because I was hoping the MVB would convince Elvis to come out of brumation. I had 50 silkworms waiting and now its's going to be too late. I'm shipping them off to someone who can use them. If they had shipped it out the week I ordered it. I may have had a reprieve.

Drstepherz

Original Poster
Aw! What a bummer! I am never ordering from them after this. I wrote them an email explaining what happened. Strange! :D

bgtwin

I got mine 2 weeks to the day of ordering, Normaly I would get a little peeved except for the fact that on a previous call the man I talked to spent nearly 20 minutes explaining alot of things I wasn't aware of,(being that I'm new at this). I figure maybe they're just having a hard time since they were backordered for quite some time & I really did appeciate the time he volunteered. They truly do care about these reptiles I believe, however it is understandable to be upset about such a long wait. He was so concerned that he told me to go ahead & find a T-rex, his design I believe, but maybe 2nd place to the Megaray.
Just my thoughts,
Mick

I'm really surprised by how fast people jump on retailers on this board. Bob from Reptile UV is really helpful two weeks isn't that bad and I'm sure he is just running alittle behind as all small businesses do from time to time. You cannot beat the quality of the ReptileUV bulbs. Be patient and call if you have any problems.

frank79

Hatchling Member
I cant complain what so ever i got my megaray in 10 days which i think is ok i expected it to be longer because im in the uk and when it comes to replacing it i will order one nice and early because this bulb is second to none and worth the wait.

ZANESMAMA

Juvie Member
You know actually, I wouldn't have minded at all about the time it is taking to get here if they hadn't already drafted my bank account. Two weeks is not that much but I think sellers should not take the money until the day it ships. Most online companies with which I do business, don't take the money until they ship it. Reptile UV drafted my account the day I ordered it, so I expected that it would be shipped that day. Also I have a feeling that if I had not called them, it would still be sitting there. Just the impression I got from my phone call. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but when money is involved its hard! :dontknow:

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
http://www.reptileuv.com and Bob have been know to average 2 weeks for delivery of there bulbs, and to tell you the truth, I think a lot of it has to do with the season. They have their bulbs manufactured by Weston in medium to large units based upon their expected demand, and a lot of times I think they get behind on their inventory, and have to manufacture more.(Thus the delay) So it's not an excuse to why you have to wait 2 weeks for delivery, but it's an explaination. When I ordered my last 3 bulbs from them last summer, they were to my door in 4 days, and it seems that in the warmer months when business is steadier they are quicker with their shipments.

But yeah from the past 3 years I've noticed that most people on average wait 2 weeks to receive there bulbs, so its not uncommon...

Anthony

slantedii

Hatchling Member
i had placed an order and it didnt even ship for 10 days...small business or not, if you want to stay in business you cant treat your customers that way...if you arent going to ship right away you should inform your customer.

Drstepherz

Original Poster
Yea, I get that they are a small business, but when they specifically say that they ship once a week, customers expect that. If they are running behind, why don't they send out a quick email saying so? And the fact that they took my money via paypal over two weeks ago is irritating. Also, I DID call them, and no one ever returned my call. When I finally reached someone, they couldn't find my order and wanted my order number, which I then realized they had never emailed to me!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I ordered my bulb on Jan. 9 and it finally arrived yesterday. After I hadn't heard anything from them for about 3 weeks, I emailed and got a response from their shipping person saying that it was backordered but would be coming in the next 5-7 days and then they would ship it out to me. I waited two more weeks and didn't hear anything so I emailed the shipping person and got no response. I emailed her again and copied Bob, and she got back to me and said it was still backordered and did I want to get a refund. I asked when she was expecting them to come in, and a couple of days later got an email saying that it was there and she would send it out, and it's finally here.

I understand that they can't control backordering, but they need to tell people if their item is backordered. I ordered the 60w and nowhere on the site did it say anything about being backordered. I'm also peeved that they charged my credit card when I ordered it instead of when they shipped it - that charge has been accruing interest for 2 months before I got my bulb! Usually I get good service from them so I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but I hope that next year when I have to order that it's not such a long wait!

Drstepherz

Original Poster
I sent them an email stating that I was unhappy with the service and had questions about the shipping...surprise, surprise- no response 3 days later!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
HAH! He really will talk your ear off. He told me about how he has these 'really religious people' who hand blow his glass for these bulbs. He said they take a lot of religious holidays, but they were the only ones "crazy enough the blow the glass" for him.

The bulbs are in high demand, so don't think that it is bad service.. its supply and demand!
He's a very nice guy, so give him a chance.
I happened to order at the very perfect moment - I ordered on Friday and it was sitting on my desk on Monday.

ReiSagara

I just got mine today it took 10 days :roll: if you want to track your order cheack your paypal it will have a tracking link :)

Drstepherz

Original Poster
Well, I disagree. Small business or not, high demand or not, they can still send out an email to let customers know or they can clearly state this on their site. My beardie had no uvb for a while because I was counting on the bulb arriving when they said it would. Wont be buying again no matter how great the bulb is. They have still not called or returned my email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom