repti-worm questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
I bought 500 medium reptiworms, most of them were black when I got them but they were still moving. I've had them a couple of weeks and now they are not moving and my babies will not touch them. Are they dead? Should I throw them away? Should I expect a huge hatching of soldier flys?

I wouldn't really care except my red baby seems to have lost her taste for crickets but will eat moving reptiworms. My yellow baby loves crickets and will not touch reptiworms :roll:

thanks,
Larry

MissT

BD.org Addict
Might sound off but try dropping them in water and when you take them out they *might* move- worked for me a few times.
If they were the large size you ordered, there is a good chance of flies.

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MissT":2yeky8ev said:
Might sound off but try dropping them in water and when you take them out they *might* move- worked for me a few times.
If they were the large size you ordered, there is a good chance of flies.

yeah, I did the water trick this morning, a couple of them started to move but most didn't. I definitely ordered medium, the plastic tub said 500 medium, but they sure looked large to me. I guess I could start feeding the red baby some of my dubia and see how she likes them. I don't think my colony is quite ready yet to start feeding out of but it's close.

MissT

BD.org Addict
How long has your colony been going?
BTW, do red and yellow babies have names yet :wink:

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MissT":1b5m5l70 said:
How long has your colony been going?
BTW, do red and yellow babies have names yet :wink:

The colony has been going for about 2 months now, maybe a bit more. I've been kind of slacking off with them and with the cooler weather I think their production has dropped off a bit.

ummm, Agnus and Gertrude :wink: no I really haven't come up with names for them, my son want to call the red one "Ruby" and the yellow one "Amber" ... I don't know :roll:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Mine have been going just over 2 months and I'm feeding off them :? I don't have any large nymphs right now but have left about 200 Smalls in my breeder bin to grow and have about 800 in my feeder bin right now. I know if I had a baby that wouldn't last long though... The joys of only having adults, and of course I'm getting a baby next week so no doubt il have to stop using so many dubia!!!!!

LOL! Great name ideas. I'm sure they will just come to you at some point :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom