quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
is there anything to look for in dragons poop.....

There a lot of little things in BOTH my dragons poop that looks kinda like cricket eggs....I am thinking they might actually be cricket eggs now that i type it .....because some of my crickets were def pregnant but didnt have a lay spot.....i dont see them moving or anything but maybe there mites or somthing i have no reti vets around

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
is anything moving or are they just spots...I know this sounds kind of like a weird request but can you post some pics of some fresh beardie poop? the fresher the better...

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yea that wont be a problem but they both pooped today...and usually dont poop unlless in the tub......is that ok? it separates the little bumps better anyway....if it cant be in the watter it might be 2 days before i can get a picture but if it in the watter ill be able to get it tomorow......they will hold it in for a whole day if i dont bath them

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
yeah i guess water would be ok. Based off of what you are saying though, it sounds more like some kind of parasite rather than cricket eggs. how does it smell and is it solid or mushy?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could be undigested cricket parts from not having good temps because the crickets aren't being digested properly.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
I'm thinking parasites. You should probably take it in to the vet to be sure. Trust me, parasites are waaaaay easier to treat if caught early.

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
they both have basically the same poops but pinks are alway smaller because she dosnt eat much....like i said no vets around.....here are some pic i dont know how good they are red didnt poop so iam going to leave him in for a couple days and let him poop in the tank.
as for being hard or some they have turds but it soft like i would say in the middle of hard and soft.

Red before i let him out because he wouldnt poop
DSC02591.jpg

pink just finished/in the process of pooping
DSC02592.jpg

picture of poop i was going to let the water out and get another but i sliped and the poop went down the drain.
DSC02593.jpg

DSC02594.jpg

that looks decent i wish my guys had stools like that. Its to me just sumthing they eat and didnt digest some parts. Just take a look at wat u feed them and most of the time its sumthing u no but mixed in poop it looks like sumthing else. Your dragon looks pretty good and one more thing increase temp like 5 degrees makes a different. Hope this helps.

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
A regular vet may be able to do a fecal test for you. Just take the poop in and have them check it with a microscope. Beardies get some of the same parasites that furry animals do...either way, a vet would be able to see that "something" is in there that doesn't belong.

On the chance that it is just undigested bug parts, that is a sign that your temps are not high enough. I know on your other thread in the ER section, you state that you use the dial therm. This situation is a perfect time to stress the importance of an accurate thermometer, so that you know for a fact that your temps are where they should be. At $12 or less, a digital therm is not a big investment, but is ESSENTIAL to your beardie's health.

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Great! Hope it all works out for you. But my advice is, next time you want a new pet...especially if you're interested in breeding animals, do all the research you can BEFORE you bring the animal home. I mean, read everything there is to read about how to care for, or how to breed, that animal. I know you had an issue about whether you should trust the pet store owner or the "internet people", but remember a pet store employee is ONE source of information, and who knows how they got their info? On a forum like this, you have dozens, if not hundreds of people, all sharing their expertise. If those hundreds of people all agree on a piece of advice, that must mean that advice has some truth to it. Don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom