Question about hydration poop and the smell

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I give my Amber or well both beardies Escarole Kale collard greens and butternut squash 2 times a day.

My Chubbs well she was just having eggs so that's another story but my Amber hasn't yet thankfully. Anyways my Amber has had runny smelly poop the last 3-4 times I was thinking it's runny due to the greens and squash so I have held off on the squash.

It's not runny enough as in like diarrhea she can hold it all day or even 2 days but when I pop her out of her enclosure she will run around bob look around then a good 4-5 mins later she will poop which is her normal thing.

What's the best way to firm up her poop? I give both beardies the same food and Chubbs isn't running very much like Amber's though Amber does eat a boat load more greens than Chubbs which Amber has always been that way.

Should I see what I can do and limit the greens and squash? I was gonna get a fecal sample and see if they can explain the smell.

Note: I wash ALL their food before I feed them if I feed them 50 times a day I would wash their food EVERY single time

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The washing is good, it helps hydrate but it also washes away chemicals, mud, and burd poop.
If it smells really bad I'd drop a sample with the vet.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Think I may do that I was hoping it was a fluke but it's consistent I just know she has a lot of excess water
Man it's better safe than sorry, I promise ya. If you take it in and results are good then it just a few wasted bucks, but if there is an issue your on top of it straight away. I'm regretting not getting Sweet Pea checked out more throughly so bad. There still might not have been anything to do, but I wonder what it none stop.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Man it's better safe than sorry, I promise ya. If you take it in and results are good then it just a few wasted bucks, but if there is an issue your on top of it straight away. I'm regretting not getting Sweet Pea checked out more throughly so bad. There still might not have been anything to do, but I wonder what it none stop.
Definitely worth the money just to be safe and sound though I always got kick back for it "your just wasting your money and time with vet visits when nothing is wrong" but it's peace of mind for me

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom