Puffing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockso

For as long as I've had Zeus he's always done this thing where he puffs up his beard. Not in anger. He fills it halfway then releases it and repeats this several times and stops (Imagen a bearded dragon taking puffs from a cigar). However he does this several times a day and I've always wondered why. I've taken him to the vet and they didn't seem worried, so I'm not. I'm just wondering why he does it.

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
I notice mine do it mostly in the morning when they wake up....maybe the need to stretch out their mouth like a yawn! LOL

I love seeing them do it....give me a chance to look into their mouth :mrgreen:

Rockso

Original Poster
Yours opens his/her mouth when he/she does it? Mine does it with his mouth closed mostly

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
At home we call that "morning stretch", Balrog is one and does it every morning usually she opens her mouth but sometimes doesn't. Goldorak is two months and a half and started to puff his beard, it's so small! Again he does it mostly in the morning, I guess its part of the waking up routine.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
yeah, i've noticed falkor doing this almost every morning - and then a few times during the day. like the others, i just figure he's stretching :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom