Proper Cleaning Pre Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! Long time

Well little Scrambles is doing very well! He is just about ready to be moved to his 55gal. This tank was my brother's bearded's who died of old age. I need to clean and disinfect it of course, what should I/can I use without worrying about this health and safety? The tank has been in my brother's basement for a little over a year now, and is now in my garage. Also I have rocks my grandma picked up from Arizona some 30 years ago, I used just soap and water on the couple he has in there now, is that okay??

Thanks guys!!

Lain

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Use a 10:1 water:bleach solution to clean the tank. Scrub it good, get in all the cracks. Rinse well, then let it air out for an hour or so.

I would wash the rocks, then bake them in the oven. 300 degrees for 15-20 minutes should kill anything on them.

We do this to our viv about once a month. We even bake the basking log in the oven.

raptor1989

Hatchling Member
What temp you use to bake wood. I bake stone at 300 too. Not try wood because burning and discolor black maybe.

raptor1989

Hatchling Member
Goodtruant":e1gph3b4 said:
I baked the wood at 300 today for 15 minutes. Ive done this many times.
Thanks are they big pieces you bake. I use the grapevine wood and fluker basking type wood. I rinse fecal matter off then mist 10% ammonia and air dry it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom