project!!(update:narrowing it down.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
hi, im 11 and doing a project on the anatomy of lizards, i was just wondering if anyone knew any answers to these Q's ;

Do BDs taste, smell, etc the same as pplz???like, if we tasted a cricket do they taste the same thing as us??
can pplz use telepathy to communicate with BDs, if so how??
do they know much about us-do they know our gender, our name? or do they think of us as "the keeper" or something like that??
what do they think of the world and what goes on????

TY TY TY TY TY SO MUCH FOR ANY REPLYS,NEW QUESTIONS, AND ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

UPDATE: ok, so ive been narrowing it down to what i really want to do. ive got the bd info, i just need a couple more sense lists. any one know the senses for the moniter family??? how about.....iguanas...or any type of so "dragon lizards"???? im planning to compare different species/familys senses. i also want to really do something on how they think,what they know,and the point of view of them.

Plz if u know plz post!!!!!

PPLLLLZZZZZZ and TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY, and etc with that.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
O-Gonchothedragon":4bde0 said:
hi, im 11 and doing a project on the anatomy of lizards, i was just wondering if anyone knew any answers to these Q's ;

Do BDs taste, smell, etc the same as pplz???They do smell taste and hear although their senses in ways are very different then ours.Hearing is similar based on soundwaves bouncing on the membrane of the ear,smell yes but also the tounge acts as a smell heightener and as for touch alot of this is also done through the tounge which is why they lick everything.
can pplz use telepathy to communicate with BDs, if so how??No as far as I know
do they know much about us-do they know our gender, our name? or do they think of us as "the keeper" or something like that??There is keeper recognition.They are centioned animals therefore they do have the ability to distinguish between people and eachohter but no they cant tell whos female,male,etc as far as I know.
what do they think of the world and what goes on????I dont know what I think of the world let alone what another being does..lol
Here is an interesting research study that may help you but be warned there are gross anatomy photos so it isnt for the faint of heart.
http://mrskingsbioweb.com/Dragon.htm
Here is some general Agamid articles
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3385774
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9737747?dopt=Abstract

TY TY TY TY TY SO MUCH FOR ANY REPLYS,NEW QUESTIONS, AND ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
vickson, u hav no idea how helpful that is!!!!!!i mean i really really really appreciate it!! :mrgreen: i rarely hav a faint heart, but i just couldn't look at those poor beardies rite before bed on that first site.well, i did look at all the preview/small pics, lol . i got lotsa info now!so thanks again vickson.

PlZ and TY for any other links and answers, even more Qs!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
I just want to say:

If you're doing a science project...you need to stick to things that can be scientifically proven/refuted. Telepathy does not fall within these realms. Neither does conjecture about what a dragon "thinks". If your project is about anatomy..then stick to anatomy, which is the study of the structural parts of a body. Anatomy has nothing to do with psychology.

So, more appropriate questions might be:
Do dragons have the same organs as humans?
Are they positioned the same within the body?
If they are positioned differently, how does this benefit the dragon? (This would have to do with the fact that dragons walk on 4 legs, while humans walk upright. Research the dangers of a dragon being on its back which is directly related to how the organs are positioned within its body).
What organs does a dragon have that a human doesn't have, and what purpose does that organ serve for the dragon?
How do dragons use their senses to survive? (Dragons have a "sense" humans don't have, that being the parietal eye on top of their head, which would be interesting to research)
Study how their digestive, respiratory, cardio-vascular, muscular systems are similar or different than humans.

That, my child, is a project on anatomy.

Best of luck!

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hey thanks so much!!!! :mrgreen: i will definetly use those Qs for preparation, and research!!!!!!!the project isnt for science, but still.

:mrgreen: TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY :mrgreen:

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
anyone else??? i figured out my main idea-the senses and how they work and compared to humans.

TY :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well ive found sites about the senses of bearded and komodo dragons.rite now im just gathering info cause i need some for 2marrow. also im trying to find senses about chinese water dragons, basilisks, and or gila monsters. and about the minds that i mentioned in my update.

TY :mrgreen:

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Well I think the best thing to do is just read the published journals on the web but have you narrowed the field into one specific direction yet?

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well, im planning on compairing different species of dragon lizard senses.ill try to also try to throw in some info about the mind.this is just the beginning of the project so i have lots of time.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
oh ok thats a good start so why dont you start by the differences in how they use their tounge and their tounges pattern of movement and speed.That would be a good basic place to start.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thanks vickson, ill definetly do lots of searching on the tongues first.good idea.

also any one know some good sites about the basilisks,water dragons, and or gila monsters???

TY everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom