PowerSun MVB Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your dragon's eyes. That is too bad. How long have you been using the bulb for, & is it a Powersun 100 watt? How close was it to him?
I would just keep him under a basking bulb right now for a week or so. As suggested, I would use either a Megaray or a T-rex as they neither one have had any reported problems.
If you would like to help out, please read this thread, & answer all of the questions for me I would appreciate it. Thanks. Here is the link:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=105421

Tracie

Yikes, I hope some people on here were kidding when they said that they were NOT using uvb bulbs on a beardie. That goes without saying that beardies NEED them to survive. Its not an option.

Also, I had been considering trying out the powersuns for a while but now I'm just confused. It would be nice to know if there was just a bad batch or if they aren't safe, or what because I'm still interested.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hello,

Well, technically I can't really tell you not to purchase the Powersun, but I will recommend that perhaps you wait or buy another brand until we figure out exactly what is going to. Try looking at the Megaray, the T-rex, or the Solar Glo right now, they have not had any reported problems. :D

Tracie

Trickseedog

While we are on the subject of bulbs:
My basking light went out a couple of days ago. I was concerned about Breyas staying too cool, so I put in a standard 75w bulb until I could get a new basking lamp. He has a tube style UVB lamp as well. The standard 75w bulb is keeping his basking spot warmer than the basking lamp did (101f as opposed to 94f.) Is there any reason not to use it?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Trickseedog":8144a said:
While we are on the subject of bulbs:
My basking light went out a couple of days ago. I was concerned about Breyas staying too cool, so I put in a standard 75w bulb until I could get a new basking lamp. He has a tube style UVB lamp as well. The standard 75w bulb is keeping his basking spot warmer than the basking lamp did (101f as opposed to 94f.) Is there any reason not to use it?
None at all.In fact I only use household bulbs for heating and always recommend others do the same :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom