Possible bruising?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idramiam

Hi all. Draco is my male beardie and he is 6 months old & 20" long. Overall he is in wonderful health. He just finished some shedding around his face. Early yesterday I noticed an area on his back that I thought was "graying" in preparation for shedding. He spent the last day and a half in his cave but did eat when I put it right in front of him. This afternoon I lifted the cave and gently moved him out. He seemed okay but appeared cautious about moving too quickly. He ate a fair amount and I noticed that the discolored area looked more like a bruise and he does move away from my hand if I stroke him with any pressure there. I don’t recall anything that would cause such a bruise, unless he has gotten big enough that he doesn’t fit in the shorter area of his cave (but tried to squeeze in anyway). I took a picture but don’t seem to be able to upload it :(

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
It would be helpful if you can get a photo downloaded. I'm uncertain of what to tell you. Are you able to get him to a vet?

Idramiam

Original Poster
Thanks for the tutorial info. Here is the picture.

file:///C:/Users/Mardi/Pictures/2013-01-02%20001/IMG_0271.JPG

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
You need to upload a picture to a webhosting system like photobucket or imgur before you link it, as we do not have access to your hard drive. You also need to use the IMG button above, and paste the url between the two tags.

Idramiam

Original Poster
Trying again,

4f8723013657630fa1eeaec92e712fee.jpg

Hope that works, thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That is an uneven shed....no worries ! Just give a few baths a week, it will come off in time. Beardies have notoriously crazy, uneven sheds :)

Idramiam

Original Poster
Thanks so much! In the past his whole back goes gray at the same time so I wasn't sure. His growth rate has slowed some, thank goodness, and he's not shedding as much or as evenly. Thanks again and to everyone who helped me figure out how to post the picture too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom