please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is 4 and a half months old. I gave him a bath last night and had him out of the cage. He was fine. I put himback in the cage and he basked for about an hour. Then he went behind his cave so I thought he was ready for bed an hour early so I turned his lights off. He did not eat that much yesterday. He stayed behind d his cave all day today and have not moved from that spot. Its been about 22 hours in the same spot. He didn't eat any crickets or greens today. I've read that beardies hibernate but I think he is too young for it. I don't know what to do. Should I take him out and try to feed him? He has always been a great eater. His eats open when I go to him but they shut again. I pet him and he shuts his eyes. Please help...
Thanks
Nicole

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long have you had your dragon now?
What is your tank set up like?
What type & brand of UVB light do you use, a fluorescent tube bulb or a compact/coil light? How far is the UVB light from him?
Do you have any pictures of him & of your tank setup for us?

No, he is too young for brumation & it is the wrong time of year for brumation unless you are in Australia, where the weather is getting cooler now.

Tracie

nicolenreakus

Original Poster
I have pics on my link of his set up. I use a repti sun 10.0 along with a repti sun 2.0 because I have a double fixture. It stays 6-8 inches from him. I got him in November when he was 2 weeks old. He has been in the same tank set up for three months. I moved a week ago and this was his first bath in a new sink. It did happen right after that. I washed his rug with laundry soap three days ago. Can that hurt him? Thanks so much.
nicole

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?
Did he bask for the day & did he eat anything yet?
His Reptisun 10 tube bulb is 3 months old, correct?
Did you change anything else in his tank or around his tank?
If you can please post some pictures of him & his tank. Thanks.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom