please help asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

lillahine

We have a baby about 10 inches and shes acting funny. She stops breathing than finally she will beard and open her mouth and gasp for air than she stops breathing again. When she gasps for air you can see her take in a few breaths than stops. She just started to shead too i dont know if that makes a diffrence.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....is she doing it constantly ? Did she just eat a big meal, or large piece of veggie ? Sometimes they breath hard after eating something that's on the large side. Also, when they shed their beard the puff it out to stretch the skin off. Is she still doing it ? If it's constant and she doesn't stop, she may be choking on something + would need to see a vet.

lillahine

Original Poster
AHBD":21o4y4dc said:
Hi there....is she doing it constantly ? Did she just eat a big meal, or large piece of veggie ? Sometimes they breath hard after eating something that's on the large side. Also, when they shed their beard the puff it out to stretch the skin off. Is she still doing it ? If it's constant and she doesn't stop, she may be choking on something + would need to see a vet.

She hasnt eaten todayshe isnt interested in food. She stopped gasping for a bit andis doing it again. Its constant she seems to be having a hard time

lillahine

Original Poster
Esther19":6ogvxbul said:
You might want to consider a vet visit. Today.
We dont have anyone in town that will see a reptile the one that does within 20 miles we took our other beardie in and she still didnt know anything and couldnt help us with our problems. She seems to be doing a little better but is still not breathing normal. She takes a few breaths than stops for a while than a few more breaths.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How long have you had her ? Do you know the temps. in the tank ? Has she been out roaming recently so she might have eaten a foreign object, or has she had a bath recently ? Let's hope there's a simple solution !

my baby did that too, but she died within the hour. Take her to a vet would be my best bet. I was so devastated when she died right in my hands. Could be lack of hydration and uvb like mine.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How is she ? Still struggling ? It could be a respiratory infection. Sometimes they make a popping sound when they open their mouth to gasp [ like the last poster mentioned ] but not always. If so, she'll need some antibiotics, and keep her tank about 80 degrees at night .Poor girl, hope she gets over this soon.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Have you recently given her a bath & could she have aspirated some water during her bath?
Until you can get her to a vet, I would keep her around 80 overnight in her tank with either a heating pad or a ceramic heat emitter to help keep her immune system boosted.
How is she doing today, any improvements?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom