Petition - Please read and sign to help rescue dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
NomadUK":1sadvbul said:
Signed. think owner should be caged up and not fed then dumped with no strength to hunt for food..

+1000

Person that did this to that beardie is a lowlife and should be held accountable! :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: I wonder is a beardie/lizard less of an animal than dog or cat?!?!?

Signed and shared on FB!
Thank you for letting us know about this! :notworthy:

Nuka042

Hatchling Member
Just to let you know, I posted the link to the petition on my facebook page along with a picture of Rocky's stomach to show the extent of his condition. :D

sheri85

Juvie Member
thanks for sharing this! i signed, of course.

@Atrax--
i've actually met a lot of people that think of reptiles as less than. when my turtle was at the vet last year and i expressed my worry to my coworkers, i got a lot of "it's a turtle. just get a new one." my animals are not furniture! my animal is sick, not broken, and she certainly isn't replaceable. i love my turtle and beardie as much as my cat, and as much as anyone loves their dog. i guess having fur makes an animal worth caring about?

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I signed it also. For me my animals are my kids, Booger ( beardie) is just the same as my dog, cat and horse. They eat before I do, but thats how I care for them. Sick people like that needs no animals at all.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
sheri85":17aeb4zd said:
thanks for sharing this! i signed, of course.

@Atrax--
i've actually met a lot of people that think of reptiles as less than. when my turtle was at the vet last year and i expressed my worry to my coworkers, i got a lot of "it's a turtle. just get a new one." my animals are not furniture! my animal is sick, not broken, and she certainly isn't replaceable. i love my turtle and beardie as much as my cat, and as much as anyone loves their dog. i guess having fur makes an animal worth caring about?

Exactly! Some people just make me sick! :puke: :angry5: :angry5:

I'm this |<->| close to start strangling people like this!!! :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:
I don't want to see this in person, b/c I would end up in jail after beating the concrete block into this persons thick skull! :angry5: :banghead: :angry5:

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
sheri85":fmucmf36 said:
i love my turtle and beardie as much as my cat, and as much as anyone loves their dog. i guess having fur makes an animal worth caring about?

Sadly, no, it's an even narrower definition than that - people have acted as if I should treat my rats as disposable, too, and they definitely have fur (well... okay, there's a hairless variety, but cats and dogs come in those, too!). :( "Why are you taking your rat to a vet? Didn't it cost, like, $5?" "You paid that much for a cage? What's wrong with those hamster ones at Petsmart?" What, because I paid less for the animal, its life has intrinsically less value? I don't think so. If we're going along that route, go pick up a few "free to a good home" kittens and bring them home and beat them to death, right? :banghead:

Read the petition; will sign it now. (I don't have a FB account.) This kind of thing makes me want to cry.

If you get a pet, it's your responsibility. Period. Your responsibility to remember this is the one chance they get at life, and you have basically made a contract with them, as far as I'm concerned, to provide them with the best damn chance they can have. That means feeding them good food, providing them with a source of water (whether a bowl or a bath), making sure they're warm and comfortable and are safe in their environment, whether that's the run of the house or the confined space of an aquarium or terrarium. It doesn't matter if it's a rare dog breed you just shelled out $1500 for, one of the above-mentioned "free to a good home" kittens, a hamster you bought at Petco, or a lizard you found for free on Craigslist. It is still a life, and it is still your responsibility. If you can't take care of it, find a new home - even if you have to surrender it to a shelter - long before it gets into a condition like the one that beardie is in! Of course, things happen. There are all sorts of situations where people have to give up their pets. But do that responsibly, too. I'll say again - their one chance at life. Remember that. Always.

/2 cents.

Edit: signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom