Petco Tank sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
we just got our 40g breeder the other day, then on a whim decided to get another baby, and got the rest of the setup the next day, amazing what comes to you while roaming around petco looking to spend money.

Screamin99

Juvie Member
Called petsmart, they said they would ONLY price match if the tanks were the same ones being sold. Called all the petcos here in SE Ohio and not a one of them sell fish tanks or carry them, but all said that if they did they would offer the price listed on the website.

UGH..

Screamin99

Juvie Member
Aqueon is the brand of tank at petco according to the ad listed here; and topfin is the common tank sold petsmart is what the lady told me.

Im also not local to California.. which is the OPs location.. Ive had hell trying to find this. even called the petco 1-877 number, not getting anywhere there either.

Screamin99

Juvie Member
Nope :( I called the 1-877 customer service number.. the indian lady I spoke to told me that they had no way to locate a 40 gallon tank local to me. And that basically the sale was SO great that was why all 9 stores in 20 miles were sold out. The thing is, they were not all sold out I had called and none of them even CARRIED a tank larger than 10 gallons. And even then their 10 gallons were startup kits with lights and filters and decor.

I finally said can I order one and have it sent? Her reply was, a stern "No sir" at this point I was tired of all the please hold's and told her I would just go buy one at petsmart. she said "great work, have a nice day sir!"

mattyphilly

Original Poster
Location shouldn't matter. If you go to Petco's website and click on "Local Ad". Then put in your zip code. An ad page should appear. On left hand side click the drop down for "Catergories". Choose "Fish & Aquarium" and it should show up there.

I'm pretty sure its a national sale.....but I guess if your Petco is all sold out, then your out of luck.

BTW.....my location isn't 90210. Its just an easy zip code to put in when you don't want to give away your own zip.

Matt

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
the guy that runs the petco we go to for the tanks told us that whenever the sale happens, they get a ton of stock, and when they are out they are out. he told me that a guy usualy comes by that owns a local small pet store and brings a trailer and buys out the stock on the large tanks, when we got our 40 gallon, we went back later that afternoon and the other 5 were gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom