Paging Dr. Poncho, Dr. Poncho to the bedroom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poncho now thinks he is a doctor. My doctor to be more exact. I woke up really sick yesterday, I'm 99.9% sure its the flu...or death approaching lol. Well as I've mentioned before Poncho sleeps in the bed with me...everynight. well when I woke up sick I put him in his viv got him situated like always and I went back to bed. He hated it. Its like he knows I'm sick and wants to be right there every second. I am diabetic and blood sugars go crazy when sick. My test kit sits on the desk under Poncho's viv, he can see it if he leans down. He stood on his log, yes stood, all day just staring at me while I slept. Every 3 hours I would hear him glass dancing so id roll over and look at him and he would give me the stink eye then lean down and stare at my testing kit to make me check my blood sugar. If I tried to ignore him, he started headbutting the glass until I got up. I would check it, turn it around so he could see I really did it and he would return to his lifeguard perch on his log for the next couple of hours while I slept some more. Now I know he can't read and he has no idea what the #s mean but it was precious that he insisted I check it. He always watches every move I make when checking it or when I am filling up my insulin pump. So guys, I have a dragon of a doc. Lmao :whip:

Another funny story from last night. Before bed time I got him out and laid him on my chest so we could talk before I tucked him in like we always do (we talk about our days, what we need to do the next day, if something good is on tv we watch it and talk during commericals.) Yes he is spoiled and I've lost my mind. At almost 24 I am the crazy dragon lady. The next 60 years will be hilarious lol. Well anyways, my nyquil kicked in quicker than I had wanted and I guess I fell asleep without saying goodnight. I felt him do his getting comfy wiggle and lay down on my chest like well fine I'll just put myself to bed. So I left him alone and went back to sleep. I can't breathe out of my nose so I'm open mouth breathing/snoring so loud I woke myself up a couple times. Well all of a sudden I get smacked in the face with his tail. Lmao! He was waking me up to tell me I was keeping him up. Then ever so often id feel him lay his little hand on my lip like PLEASE be quiet!! As noisy as I must have been he never left my side. I love my Dr. Poncho and he loves me too even when I make grizzly bear sounds and cough so hard it launches him up in the air.

noella5088

Juvie Member
He really cares for you. My beardie watches me if I drift off for cat naps. I've got iron deficiency anemia and I fall asleep right in the middle of the day. He even watched me take a snooze while he was running around. He stayed on my hand and waited for me to wake up.

I get iron deficiency anemia, he helps me stay calm. I get out of breath and everything, my heart skips beats, and I'm craving medium rare steaks and 'livers' which I won't eat. Can't take the taste of them. Ali watches me.

Ali gets sick, I take care of him. He became sick with pinworms and a bacterial infection. I spent a lot of time caring for him, warming him up, and putting him first. Had to. He's done with his antibiotics and has one dewormer dose left. :) He's showing some colors he hasn't shown before. He was always a sickly brown black color. Now he's got oranges, yellows, whites, light browns, browns, reds, and purples

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Oh both of those 2 stories are adorable!!

I might start talking more to my baby, perhaps it'd increase our friendship!! I love her so dearly, but i'm unsure she loves me, she just uses me for food :lol:

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. You are right, he has tons of personality. He has NO idea he isn't human.

Aww noella I am so glad you take care of each other. Sometimes that's all it takes. :)

@nathan...you should talk to your beardie. I bet she would love it. Poncho is the absolute best listener. If I cry he stands up on my chest with his hands on each side of my face like "please don't make the water come out daddy, its ok I is here" and he licks the tears as they roll down my cheeks. We talk about everything. He likes to watch youtube videos (music videos with flashy colors are his favorite :lol: ) one day I was watching someones video of their beardies hatching and he looked at me like :shock: so we had to have the where to baby beardies come from talk. (I lied to him...don't tell him, I wasn't ready lol) so now he believes that because mommy and daddy love each other very much we hugged sooo tight that we made an egg and we showered it with tons of love to make a Poncho. Please don't tell him any different lol! :lol:

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I'm the same way with my Sunny! She's my baby and we do everything together, and she's always taking care of me. I have endometrial cancer and the treatment can get pretty rough at times. Well Miss Sunny is always there to make me feel better. She loooves to snuggle with me, on me, next to me basically as long as she's touching me everything is ok!! In fact right now we're in bed watching tv and looking around on here. It's so awesome having a bond with such amazing little creatures. My boyfriend is bonded with our male dragon Frank, I was jealous so I got Sunny, I never thought we'd end up the way we are! She's my chubby baby and I love her!

-Kaleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom