Pack a Punch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Hatchling Member
...not the Call of Duty version. Just wondering, the best way to tackle Eddie Lizards underweight problem.

He was in bad condition when I got him and long, loooooonnnnngggggg story short (I don't want to bore you all) I've finally got him onto a point of being stable and happy to eat fully/properly. Now he's an adult now but I still feed him right now as if he were a juvenile because of his lack of weight and I do want ideas on how to really bring him up to health.

Currently:-

Fed a mix, right now on curly kale, butternut squash, cress, parsnip and hibiscus
also fed crickets (offered twice a day) and given around maybe 10 morio worms every other day

But I'm not good with the working out what foods will best give what weight gain and the like so wondered what anyone else might recommend and tips on pushing him up. Even though I try to vary his diet he can be quite stubborn in trying new things (the waxworms were just a disaster!).

I was thinking of introducing some dubai roaches as I'm sure I saw on here they have 2x the nutritional boost than crickets and wondering what else?

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Dubia would be good, they have more protein than crickets, and hornworms may help since eating one full grown equals to about 30 crickets. I have heard butterworms are higher in fat so they can help too.
Mine go crazy for hornworms and dubias. They make products to help put weight on too, jump start is a caloric "appetite booster", same as Repta boost critical care (formerly ReptaAid, not to be confused with Reptaid). I used Reptaid and made my girls appetite double in 2 days.

Snarf

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you very much for the ideas. Funnily enough after posting this I had seen on the feeding section, about hornworms but a quick google search it's looking dead in the water to get to Scotland.

I will certainly have a closer inspection on the supplement and roaches/worms. I really want to try and persuade him to better vary the diet as well so here's hoping that goes well. Issue with where I immediately live is there isn't a good solid foundation to get reptile products so I only ever run into the same three things:-

- roaches
- crickets
- mealworms
-snake powder
-nutrobal
- gecko food

there's never variation, I even have to order online just to get the supers! Makes it difficult to get "in the know" with what else is out there

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Waxworms and Butterworms are fatty worms, maybe try a few of those, if you can find them?

Crickets are fatty too - it will take time to build back the weight so maybe just be patient?

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom