Ozzy's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I'll follow suit and make a thread for Ozzy, too. :D
He's 10 weeks old now, and grew 1 1/4" in one week for the second week in a row. He's 9" long.
We're on vacation up north. I brought his viv with us, and set up another one at home so I can leave this one here. Now Ozzy has his own "vacation home." LOL. I still have to bring his "furnishings" back home with me, as I haven't got doubles on everything yet.
When we get home, I'm going to make an appointment for him at the vet, just to have him checked out. The reptile vet in our area was the reptile vet for the Toledo Zoo for 22 years. He's supposed to be really good. :)
Here are a few new pics.
Ozzyhavingabath.jpg

ozzy10wks.jpg

ozzy10weeksold.jpg

Sorry this next one's blurry, but it's just too cute not to share. :) He had baby food squash for the first time, and liked it.
Ozzylikessquash.jpg

I have a question.....sometimes Ozzy looks like he has some red coloring, and other times he looks like he has yellow coloring. Is this normal?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Awww, he's cute! I don't know if what you asked is normal or not. Their colors/patterns tend to change as they get older.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Ozzy is a real cutie! :love5:

As for the colorations or what appears to be changing colors...beardies will show brighter more vivid colors when they are happy, warmed up, and alert. Whereas other times they may appear to be less colorful. Also some don't mature to the color they are gonna be until they go through a few sheds. The ringlet patterns and colors down the sides of the spine tend to fade away alot of the time.

Lucky little beardie has a vacation home how cute. :)

suemm88

Original Poster
Thanks! I really like him. :)
Ozzy had his first vet visit today! He saw Dr. Tim Reichard, who was the reptile vet for the Toledo Zoo for 22 years. He is really awesome, very knowledgeable, and said I'm doing a really good job with Ozzy.
I took some pictures while I was there. Here's the first one:

Ozzyatthevet.jpg

Here is the doc checking Ozzy's mouth. He used a guitar pick to open his mouth. :)

Checkinghismouthwithaguitarpick.jpg

Here he is having his heart listened to:

Havinghisheartlistenedto.jpg

He also said that he's pretty sure that Ozzy is a boy. Also, he was negative for parasites! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Here are a couple more pics. He's laying like my dog in this one. LOL.

Layinlikeadog.jpg

Just looking handsome on his hammock.

onhishammock.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Congratulations to you an Ozzy on the good check up. :D

Thanks for sharing the pic's of lil Ozzy he is so cute. :love5:

suemm88

Original Poster
So, I went to the pet shop where I bought Ozzy to get some crickets & superworms. They still have Ozzy's hatch mate (Is that the right term?) there. I got Ozzy on April 24, and it's now June 13. Both babies were the same size when I got Ozzy. Today the one in the shop looked like Ozzy did about 1-2 weeks after I got him. So sad. He's cute though. But that can't be good, him still being so small. They have him in a 10 gal. tank.
On the bright side, Ozzy munched down 3 superworms. He really likes them. I thought I'd give them a try, since he's going through so many crickets. Just bought 2 dozen last night (crickets), and he already ate 'em. So now he has 3 dozen more, and a dozen supers. Maybe this will take him through till tomorrow. :D
Hope everyone is having a nice day. It's hot & humid here in Michigan.

suemm88

Original Poster
Ozzy's leaving on vacation tomorrow. With us, of course. Just want to let you know to expect some vacation pics.....we're heading for Michigan's upper peninsula. :)

suemm88

Original Poster
Well.....sorry for posting that Ozzy was going on vacation & promising pictures of that and stuff. We did go on vacation, but we ran into some problems, so plans had to be altered. Hopefully, next time I'll be able to post some pics of Ozzy's adventures on vacation next time. I sure hope so. One thing for sure, I'm not promising anything ahead of time. :oops:
On the bright side, I measured him and he's over a foot long now.
Also, I bought our first bulk crickets, 500 from Josh's Frogs. They came today, and they're nice & lively! Ozzy sure enjoyed sampling some! :)
I followed someone's advice on this site, and got a sterlite storage container, cut a hole in the top & put screen in it. Works great! And cheap, too. :blob8: :blob8:
That's all from us for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom