Ozzy doesn't like his new hammock

Status
Not open for further replies.

suemm88

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted, but ran into a strange situation and would like some feedback.
Ozzy has always had at least one hammock in his cage. Sometimes they get old, the holes around the suction cups get stretched out and they start falling off with Ozzy on them, so I replace them.
A couple of nights ago, I got him a brand new hammock, same size and brand as always. He will not use it. I hung it in the usual spot, and other than one time when I put him on it, he totally ignores it.
Any ideas? Usually his hammock is where he spends most of his time.

Wow! That is kind of strange... is it possible that the new one has a different smell? Haha it's not much, but it is all I could think of. I have hammocks as well but have never faced that issue. :?

jjh1

Juvie Member
Have you tried making one out of a baby blanket and covering the zoomed one with it thats what I did now my babys love theirs again
I just went and bought some cheap recieving baby blankets cut them a little bigger then the hammock put some holes in the corners and hung it on top
Hope that might help
Joanne

coastergirl946

Hatchling Member
How many times have the old hammocks fallen with him on them? He might now be associating the hammock with the falls. Regardless if the falls hurt him or not, I doubt it was something he enjoyed. Just a thought.

suemm88

Original Poster
Thanks for the input, everyone. I'm starting to think that he's associating the hammock with falling, as you suggested. My husband had a great idea.....I wire tied the hammock to the suction cups so it can't come loose. (his old hammock that he liked, just in case the new one smells funny). I put it back up, and he didn't climb on it right away. So after awhile, I set him up there, and put his lamp over him. That was about 10 minutes ago, and he's still basking, apparently happy, so hopefully the problem is solved. Hopefully. :p

Lauram63110

Juvie Member
I got a suction cup soap dish for mine and tore up an old t shirt and put scraps of the shirt in the bottom of the soap dish. He sits in it pretty often.

suemm88

Original Poster
That sounds interesting.....could you possibly take a picture so I can see what you mean? Thanks!

Lauram63110

Juvie Member
Hi Sue, I am sorry it took me so long to post the photo, I'm new to Photobucket.
King Lizz's soap dish cost a whopping $2.79 at K mart, and he sits in it a lot and watches us!
Maybe Ozzy would like one.
KingLizzathome.jpg

suemm88

Original Poster
That looks really cool! Thanks for the picture! I never would've thought of doing that. It looks nice & sturdy, too. ;)
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom