Out of tank pooping and jumping off stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockso

So basically what's happening is that almost every time i take my beardie out of his enclosure he poops. It doesn't matter where he is too, it can be on my desk, expensive DJ equipment, floor, my pants, my friends pants... I know that when he has to go, he has to go. But it's almost as if he likes to wait until he is out of his enclosure to defecate. That's not to say he doesn't poop inside his enclosure, but he usually doesn't poop consistently when he's inside. How can i stop this?

Now onto the next behavior that concerns me a lot. He likes to fall off of high places. and by high i mean less than 4 ft. in length. For example when i put him on my desk to chill he like to run right off the edge. However it is very concerning to me because he doesn't seem to care if there's something to cushion his fall or not. Plus after he's fallen he likes to run off in random directions which makes me have to pick him up right after to repeat the cycle or loose sight of him and go on a beardie hunt. I'm afraid eventually he's going to end up hurting himself. Why is he doing these things and how can i stop/prevent them?

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
First I would say don't put him on high places where he can fall off.. second have you thought about getting him a leash? They are quite inexpensive, and that way you can keep track of him. I am guessing he is a baby so moves rather fast.

Rockso

Original Poster
Alright, sounds simple enough. And no i haven't, seems silly but in this situation it is probably the best solution, and he's a juvenile. Thanks!

discojan

Juvie Member
You might try giving him a warm bath (not hot, just warm to the inside of your wrist) before letting him run around. It will usually relax them and help them poop in a cat litter pan filled with water (upt to his elbows) and instead of other things . You might even train him to poop this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom