Trajega

Hatchling Member
blackroses110285":hoqfyslx said:
DSC02942.jpg

!
Awesome pic

blackroses110285

Original Poster
Hey everyone! Thank you all for the compliments on my mom and dad dragons and my babies! I am sorry that I didn't reply to your earlier posts for some reason I wasn't getting notifications, and they wasn't showing up when I went into my posts :angry5: Only thing I can think of is the new wireless router I got..I dunno, but just so you all know wasn't being stuck up just didnt see the replys :) I was a lil sad that I had no replys but I did after all :D I am very proud of my mom and dad dragon...they were my first two! My boy Drake started my love for dragons and also my family. All of my immediate family owns beardies now, and most of them want one of my babies too :D I can't believe how beautiful my babies are! I think they will have some of their momma's colors! My momma dragon Athena just went through a shed and she is so beautiful will have to show you guys pics! Drake is a natural color, which I also love! and to Darkon how is your eggs doing? How many do you have? Hopefully your babies will come soon! The waiting is killer!! I figured mine would go like 80 days, I was very surprised when I checked my eggs and there was a head poking out. I do wish my dubia colony would have been ready when my babies were! Thank you guys for your interest b/c I think I have annoyed my family from constantly talking about them lol

HappiDragon

Hatchling Member
No problem BlackRoses! ;) Your babies are adorable!! :love10: Our girl Pumpkin layed 17 eggs April 13th ( Friday the 13th :laughhard: ) Now its the waiting game for me too! I just LOVE having babies :love5:

darkon

@Blackroses

Its day 65 and still no babies, Wendy laid 12 in her first clutch and 14 originally in her second clutch thirty-three days after the first. Although one of the eggs from the second clutch collapsed and died which made me sad. I want to keep at least one of my first batch of baby beardies for sure and I'm going to sell the rest to beardie enthusiasts around the are.

Its hard to believe I took this picture 65 days ago.
eggs.jpg

And here is a picture of daddy Darkon taking a bath, don't have too many uploaded of Wendy. Darkon is my dragon so he's probably the recepient of some favoritism, and Wendy is my wife's dragon.
DSC00018.jpg

I hope the babies get some of their dad's colors, Wendy is more natural colored.

blackroses110285

Original Poster
Thankx Happidragon! Oh and my name is Nicki. I am sooo proud of my lil baby dragons, they all turned out soooo cute!! I just dont ever want to have to sell any of them, thats gonna be hard!! Keeping two of them though, promised my daughters. That is such an odd date for Pumpkin to lay her eggs lol! Athena laid her first clutch on Valentines Day, best Valentine's Day ever! and I feel for you, the wait is terrible lol! Would be cool if they hatched as fast as chicken eggs! So you have had babies before? Well I hope all your eggs do well, and cant wait to see ur babies when they do hatch!

Darkon,
I sooo hope your babies will hatch soon! They need to hurry up lol! Well atleast you just lost one egg, but ya it is sad and disapointing! Athena originally laid 15 in her first clutch and I lost 5! I did have a problem with getting my incubation temps stable at first. I didn't even know she was gravid until two days before she laid, and I thought she still had longer b/c she wasnt very bumpy, so I didnt get the incubator ready until the night she laid! Is this ur very first babies? Ya don't blame ya gotta keep one! Good luck deciding though b/c they are all gonna be so cool! Good thing my two daughters get to decide which two they are gonna keep b/c I would have a hard time deciding! Your dragon Darkon is very cute! He is a very healthy nice looking dude! alot of color or not they will still be really cool! I love the natural color and the morphs, but most people do like morphs better. Can't wait to see your babies! Hope they hatch very soon.

I took some pics of their first bath today.Will post a few tomorrow. I gave them baths in a little lid of water in their cage, trying to keep their stress level as low as possible! Trying to keep everyone healthy and happy! Oh and they are eating awesome! Having issues with the place I order crickets from though. I ordered 1,000 and half arrived dead :angry5: , so I called and they sent me 500 more, and a bunch of them were dead and really tiny! So I had to go to a pet store today, and get more to last until I get more in tuesday, and pet store REALLY marks up their prices. Going to try another company though, so hopefully they will be better. I hope next year my dubia roach colony will be huge by then so I won;t have to mess with ordering! Have a good night all and will get more pics up soon 8)

HappiDragon

Hatchling Member
Awwww! Just look at them lil squirts enjoying their bath time! :love5: too cute! My name is Lisa by the way :) We've had a few clutches before and loved them all, for me and hubby its one of the best parts of having dragons, we are both worse than two kids at christmas, lol!

Here a couple pics from our last clutch of babies,
006.jpg

macro053.jpg

And here they are later, about 4 month old, ready to go to their new homes :D I like keeping them until they really well started :love5:
dragons11004.jpg

dragons11007.jpg

Darkon, should be any day now!! You must be sooo excited! Your boy is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the babies!

blackroses110285

Original Poster
Hi!

Darkon... no not a frisbee just a couple of shallow lids. How is ur eggs doing today???

Lisa your last clutch was beautiful!! Cute cute dragons!! That is a great thing keeping your babies longer! I know alot of people are scared of getting lil babies too! I sooo wish I could do that with mine! Honestly though we don't make alot of money so I can't do that ( am keeping them though until they are big and strong enough to handle the stress of a new home!) :( but when I get my Dubia colony going really good where I won't have to order as much I think I will do that too!! and yes I agree with you about it being like Christmas LOL .. They are precious lil things, and you have to wait soooo long for baby beardies to hatch! When I seen my first baby head poking out, I FREAKED out!

and my babies seem to be doing very well, eating great and drinking well...well except for my 10th baby. She was later hatching then all the rest ( a couple days ago) and still had her yolk attached. It looked like some of it got absorbed, and then the rest fell off yesterday. She is smaller then the rest, and not as active yet, so I put her in an enclosure by herself. Yesterday she drank alot and was really looking at the crickets. So I am really HOPING to see her eat today!! Have a good day everyone, and Darkon I really hope your babies hatch today!!

darkon

At 9:50 pm on Tuesday April 24th at my request my wife checked on the eggs and found the first baby beardie head poking out! AT LONG LAST!!!!! :D But sadly I'm stuck at work for another two hours..... :(

But I have a baby waiting to meet me when I get home!

blackroses110285

Original Poster
AWESOME!!!! :D :D That is sooo terrible that you have to be stuck at work though, but like you said you will have a baby waiting for u! Can't wait to see pics!

darkon

He's got his head out and now he's chilling, how much longer did yours take to get out the rest of the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom