Ok digging started but is her lay bin big enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkon

I usually did a larger container with a screen over it and a heat lamp so she has heat and plenty of space, but also has to lay in the soil. I always dug like a starter hole for her and she lays in there every time. I'll be interested to hear how this worked out for you though.

AO111

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today may be the day I hope. I put her back in the big bin and she's started digging a nice tunnel lol

darkon

Awesome, my first clutch off eggs is 12 days old right now and I remember how excited I was when my lady was digging her tunnel.

AO111

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well these aren't fertilized but it's still sorta exciting and when she lays them she calms down and stops driving me nuts haha Still nothing yet though and she spent most of the day digging :( Had a tunnel collapse twice and after that she lost interest so I figured we'd call it a night and try tomorrow. I had her out running around and she found a blanket on the floor by the dryer which was running and she conked out. Silly girl. :)

darkon

Ah yes the peace and quiet after laying. I suppose we'd be pretty uncomfortable if we were as backed up as them.

darkon

It was probably a relief to my male, Darkon, too when Wendy the female who belongs to my wife was through scratching around. He has to live with her.

AO111

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
HAHA ya I bet! Well Sammy has a nice hole dug for her nest and she's sitting with her rear at the opening but nothing is happening. I sure hope she's not egg bound.

AO111

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think this is it. She excavated for about another hour and now she's backed in her tunnel wiggling her butt around. This is her fifth clutch since I've had her for a few years and you'd think I wouldn't be so spastic about it still, but I am. lol

AO111

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Laid 30 eggs last night and she still has the energy to run around like a nut today lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom