Odd Behavior after move to new enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I am a little concerned about Ozzy! We moved him from a 55 gallon aquarium and put him in a new custom made 4x2x2 melamine enclosure, New bulbs, etc... temps are perfect!

My problem: He has been a nutcase! He wakes up in the morning ( 8:00am) and runs around like a crazy lizard!! Running into walls trying to climb them, tearing out his food bowl, trying to climb the background ( which is a picture of slate tiles, but this was in his previous tank), Glass dancing, just kinda of acting out i guess. He hasn't been this active in a long time so i was thinking it was the new 36'' Reptisun bulb! But Ive noticed about 1:00pm he crashes out! He goes to the cool side of his tank (which is about 80) and lays out there for the rest of the day until lights out and then i place him in his hide. He is in the dining room so i like to block the light for him. Do you guys think this is normal? He is still eating ( when i get him to finally calm down to eat) he is pooing ok too!

If there is any more info you need let me know. He is around 18 inches..we bought him from Pet smart in Aug 2011, so i think he is around 10 months old.

Thanks
Chriss

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It can be relocation stress.

Remember any change in environment can trigger relocation stress.
How long has he been in his new home? He probably just isn't used to it yet.

-Brandon

Sounds like stress, just give him a bit. Is all the same furnishings with his scent in the enclosure? Maybe just needs a little reassurance from you and some time :)

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
OzzysMom32":2x0h4eoc said:
Running into walls trying to climb them

Is the new enclosure a white one? As in white on three sides? I ask because our dragon took a while to get used to his white 4x2x2 and ran into the wall for a while.

I think what you have is normal behavior and a reaction to the change in his environment. Just don't make any more changes for now and let him settle in.

OzzysMom32

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the responses! Yes he was moved into a 4x2x2 white melamine enclosure about a week ago. We took all his things with him, Repticarpet, his stuffed cow same feeding dishes and his blankie and hide. I just hope he settles down soon. He seems to have a nice white tummy while doing his crazy dance, but then when he crashes out he looks all stressed and sad.

He is eating and pooping ok so i guess i will see how long this lasts. I sure hope he doesnt hate his new home for to long, He does have WAY more room!!

This is the look i get most days when he stops running around long enough to stare longingly out his window... It is so sad! :cry:
100_4715.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom