O-M-Gosh, I just saw something C-U-T-E!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
And I didn't have a hand free to take a picture! (OR a camera :roll: )

I saw something scurrying in a parking lot, and spotted a tiny hatchling bluebelly (AKA fence lizard). He was barely an inch and a half long. His resemblance to a baby beardie was uncanny! When he decided to make a break for it across the grass, instead of under it as momma would have done, it was an easy and gentle snag for me. Such a cute little bugger, still had his "belly button"!

After one last looksy, I put him down by the fence on some rocks with the admonishment "stay out of trouble!". I hope he listens!

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
that's awesome! i've never heard of bluebellies before, so i just googled them and you're right - they do look a lot like dragons. definitely too bad you didn't get a picture of him.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
Very cool. My husband gets to see snakes all the time at his job. He works as a mechanic in this little town on the edge of a forestry. In late winter/early spring he's always finding snakes inside cars. There's a ranger station just a few miles up the road in the next county. So he takes them all down there so they can be relocated to a safer spot. That whole county is like 80% forest and some of it protected, so it's a MUCH better place for them to live all around. Sometimes they use them in their breeding programs too.

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ziggy, I wish our rangers would do that-- re-locating snakes. We nearly ran over a rattler, and when we called them to come move it, the dispatcher said "well, that's their natural habitat, go around it." :roll: That was a four lane highway. We did "convince" it to at least get off it's nice, cozy, flat "basking rock".

I am an avid wildlife lover, and I love to take as many pictures as I could. Alas, I still haven't gotten a replacement camera, and my hands were a bit too full of baby lizard to handle the camera phone.

Here's a consolation picture: the aforementioned western rattlesnake. No diamonds, just rattles. Dial-up users, beware. :mrgreen:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc221/tippitytwitchit/Critters/040-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom