Now that I've found the right forum: Here's Atlas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Explora

Hello everyone! I'm a brand new beardie Mommy and I am so excited to be here! About a month and a half ago my roommate told me about a bearded dragon that someone had returned to PetSmart because he didn't know they would get so big. The little guy was too big for the regular cage, so the staff had to keep him in the back all by himself. I had been thinking about getting a beardie for quite some time, and "Draco's" story just broke my heart, so I brought him home! His new name is Atlas, and I think he's about 14 weeks old now, and already at 11 inches! I finally got the new tile for him today, and it looks great! He seems to like it just fine :D I think I really lucked out with this guy. He's never hissed at me, and the only time he bit me was while I was hand feeding him on a ledge and he fell. He's not fussy about anything, really, although nopales are definitely his favorite! As you can see, I am just goofy over this silly lizard!! :D :D :D

Atlas about a week after I got him
IMG_1757.jpg

Sometimes he gets bored lol
IMG_1827.jpg

In his old cage
IMG_1836.jpg

Yay for happy colors!
IMG_1843.jpg

The ghetto-tastic stick I rigged up for him
IMG_1852.jpg

My birthday presents, since most of them were for him anyway!
IMG_1860.jpg

He likes to balance on his stomach lol
IMG_1884.jpg

I like to call him my little gold coin :3
IMG_1890.jpg

11 inches and counting!
IMG_2003.jpg

Pretty new background
IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

A big view of the new cage and tile!
IMG_2034.jpg

We are quite the little fashion model :3
IMG_2036.jpg

Such a handsome little man
IMG_2037.jpg

Explora

Original Poster
A nopale is the leaf of the prickly pear cactus. You can get them at Walmart for like $1.50 a pound, but they're super light! I paid 53 cents for a huge leaf. They last a really long time, and according to my beardie book they are super healthy for a dragon. So basically, they're my favorite too lol. He'll eat leafy greens like collard and kale if he has to, but he looooooves cactus!

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
Aww, my Ball Python is named Atlas.

I'm a new beardie mommy too, I just brought home my little guy today. Haven't done the whole name thing yet, but I hope his story ends up being as happy as your Atlas.

Explora

Original Poster
My sister had a ball python a few years ago named Zaida :D one of the best pets we've ever owned! And thanks for all the love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom