No pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

betsi2011

Hi

I've had my beardie for 3 months now and ever since I got him he only poops like once a week I get so worried that he is not pooping.

Temps basking spot 105
Cool end 80
I use ceramic tiles
I feed him crickets and lots of carrots veg and greens I dust the veg everyday and crickets every other day... He has only just started to eat his veg :) I've also started putting olive oil on his veg so help him poo

I give him a bath 4 times a week and only poops once out the 4 times.

He acts so normal but just don't poo....
I use to have sand and mealworms but stopes that about a month ago but still hasn't changed a thing!!

Please help x

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Part of the problem could be the amount of carrots he eats. Carrots should be fed only once in a while. There is a link to my caresheet in my signature, read through there and there is a link to a good nutritional chart. This will show what you should feed and how often it can be fed. It's a great site and most of us here follow the chart.

BGDragon

My female is having the same problem.. from what I've read, go to Walmart or a pharmacy, get Mineral Oil and give him a drop or 2 with a eye dropper or on some veggies. I haven't used it yet since I just got it but I'm going to call a vet and make sure its ok for a bearded dragon, you should do the same. Good luck and I hope your beardie gets better.

betsi2011

Original Poster
Thank you I'll try that today :) I don't have a Walmart in the UK hehe

I've also turnt the temp up to 115 so see if that helps to :)

I'll keep you posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom