Nim's Story - More videos and pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am the slave of six cockatiels and my new dragon Nim. I'm creating this thread to share all the cute things my little Nim does. Ive had him for eleven days now and he likes me. He warmed up to me six days after I got him. He is the smartest lizard I have ever owned. I would post pics but I'm having some trouble. I put a photo on Flickr and then do the image thing but it only flashes the pic then it disappears if anyone could help I would like that. Nim is a six inch ten gram bearded dragon. Who's favorite veggie is dandelion greens. I have an organic lawn so I get the dandelion greens from there.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So it looks nice? Good. (I removed the shelf liner comment. It's actually the rusty lid that has the smell. Luckily I have enough money left to buy a new one. I hope Nim can wait one more week. Because I won't be able to get a ride to the pet store until Friday. The lid is just so powerful with that disgusting smell. It stinks up the entire cage. But I still hate this upgrading crap. The things I do for Nimrod. The things I do for overwhelming love.) Thanks for the critique though. :D

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
LOL! Didn't see your post, beardie parents.

beardie parents":1sf52ybf said:
:laughhard: That pic of Nim with the harness you made him made me laugh! The look in his eyes that he gave you is priceless. "How can you do this to me?" Or "What is this you've done to me?" :laughhard:

I think he needs to understand why we put it on, so we can find them if they forget themselves and get to wandering like young ones are prone to do. Rosie still does but Lil Squirt isn't totally comfortable with outside yet. :lol:

He actually doesn't mind the harness. He acts like it isn't there. I guess I harness trained him from a young age. Because the first time he ran around the house, I strapped a floss harness on the little guy. I can't wait to take him outside in the summer though. That's going to be fun. :D Thanks for the complement.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I think it looks good, you're welcome. I used a leash on Vash from age 7...dumb move cuz well he doesn't really care if it's there or not.
But he hates if he wants to go somewhere and can't make it. He'd attack it.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Skymall007":2lzd3ijq said:
I think the tank looks fantastic! It looks like the heat gauge is his alarm clock =)

Thanks. :D The cage also gets up to the perfect temp with the 100 watt. It's just the rusty lid that smells up the entire cage. :? Frustrating.

jezwolf175":2lzd3ijq said:
The tank looks awesome! And Nim looks like "what is this contraption! Remove it immediately!" :lol:

Thank you. I tried my best with the tank. And the harness also turned out great. I love hand sewing things for my Nim. :D

Well, as you tell with the title I got bit again. And just like last time, my finger got in the way of food. But this time it was on purpose. So, I had Nim out for running around. He caught sight of a ladybug, and I tried to stop him. We both lunged for the ladybug at the same time. Sadly though, he got the ladybug and my finger. It hurt so much. He chomped down and dented my finger nail, he also broke the skin which caused me to bleed slightly. So I learned a lesson, next time he goes for a bug, stay far away. :D I just hope he doesn't get anything from that ladybug, I would freak if he did. But he bit me so hard my eyes were watering.

That's all that happened today. Oh, and I also have a slight bug. I don't know how I got it though. I've been taking my vitamins, I've been getting enough sleep, I've been staying warm. What the heck? Anyways, it doesn't have me in the best mood. I didn't get sleep last night because my nose was running so badly. I had to wake every hour to clean my nose. My throat is also sore. And of course I get sick when I finally choose to do things around the house. I also fought off some depression yesterday. But at least Nim is fine.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Aww, I hope you feel better soon. I myself is sick as well, my brother just had to come in my room for a PlayStation controller.
So his cold germs were everywhere, my door, my PS2, so I had to disinfect everything, but too late for that. I'm sure one ladybug
won't hurt him.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks, I probably will get over the cold soon. I did buy some orange juice a few days ago before I got sick. But I do feel miserable. And I hope one ladybug won't hurt him. Especially since I risked my finger to stop him, LOL. I have one dangerous dinosaur on my hands. :D

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
Yay! New cage :mrgreen: ! It looks so nice,I like the flooring,it looks so soft.Nim must be very happy to stretch his legs out!I also like the harness you made him. I have yet to create a good harness for Nero :( .

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hi Lara! It's nice to see you. :D Thank you for the complement. Yes, the flooring is shelf liner. Nim may move in tomorrow. I am still unsure about the rusty lid. And I can't exactly remove it, because Nim would either jump out, or birds would jump in. I know Oosy would jump in for fun, the tiels may just slip in. The smell of the lid is just so overpowering, but Nim and I are both excited about the upgrade. I don't know what to do. Ugh, I'm torn.
And thank you for the harness complement. :D I just wish I could take him outside and use it. But there's snow on the ground and Nim doesn't really need a harness for the house.

Skymall007

Hatchling Member
I hope you feel better soon! I know of a trick for rust because my bathroom has the nickname The RustRoom. It takes a while and a lot of scrubbing with those metal dish things, but vinegar and baking soda helps lots! I cleaned so much rust out of my bathroom. I still see it there, it still bothers me, but the area where I really worked on it is almost cured.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the tip but I think I'll just buy a new one. It's almost Friday anyway and I have 40 dollars left from the money I used for Nim's upgrade. And Nim couldn't be better. But I do have a slight fever. So it's gone from cold to flu, in a way. So I'm just sitting here, being absolutely miserable while I sweat out my fever. I hate sweating, but I know it helps fight the fever. I'm also not in the best of mood. Doesn't help that the pets are being annoying. I've got horny cockatiels, a conure who always wants to be played with and a lizard who's suddenly very hyper. Can't these creatures let me take one day off? Sigh, I still love them though. Even if I get frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom