New To Beardies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone :D ,

I have recently bought two beardies and have had quite an exciting time thus far. I have learned many things and have gone crazy making sure I am doing everything that is needed to make sure my wonderful new companions are kept healthy and happy. I recently learned too that they need to be seperated and I am having some trouble finding a terrarium big enough where I can divide it for the two of them; even when they reach adulthood. I know the mininum for an adult bearded dragon is a 40 gallon terrarium, but that is insanely small I believe, and if you know what I could do to house them safely and efficiently that would be perfect.

Here is there 40 gallon (36x18x17) terrarium...
DaCrib2.jpg

Here is Shawty (underneath) and Coolio (top)...
CoolioShawty2.jpg

CoolioShawty13.jpg

Anthony :mrgreen:

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Hello and welcome to the site :)

Your best option for separating them may be to build a stacking enclosure. There are many members here who've done so, and its reletively easy and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you figure out how to do it. Otherwise you'll probably be looking at at least a 75g tank for each of them (I agree that the 40g tanks seem too small for an adult dragon - 75g is the smallest I'd go at 48"longx18"deep).

Have a great day!

ajsantiago_89

Original Poster
Hey Catalyst thanks for the warm welcoming, only person who welcomed me... :(

I decided to build two crossfires. 4'x'2'x2' I cant wait to start building them, I am just saving the money, I should start no later than the first week of february.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom