New tank

PogosMom2

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pogo
Just put Pogo into a bigger tank, 4x2x2. I'd like some suggestions or opinions on what you think.

I have the Arcadia T5, 22 inch, a basking light and a ceramic heat lamp that I use at night. I don't have a big budget so I got pavers from Lowe's, a yoga mat and already had natural rocks in the smaller tank. The screen on top has pretty big openings.

And for some reason I can't find/remember how to post a picture

Dawn

PogosMom2

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pogo
1000000750.jpg

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Agree on what Chris. wrote.
Some LEDs on the cool side as everything is very much to the left right now. And the tube indeed looks a bit short - or is the tube just at an angle for some reason and would go over a longer area of the tank if parallel to it?

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I think the tube you speak of may be branch?
Here, I guess, your autocorrect put in words you didn't wrote that way?

What I meant:

The tube should cover approx. 2/3 - 3/4 of the size of the tank. Here it is covering less than half the length of the enclosure.
I would say it is not necessarily urgent to replace it, but once you can do, that would be good.

But it looks to me a bit like you have it at an angle (the left end of the tube is more to the front, the right end is more to the back)? If that's the case, it would be better if you keep it parallel to the tank (left and right end the same distance from the front).

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
I think the tube you speak of may be branch? She seemed to love it the instant I put her in it. No black bearding, no surfing. I'll definitely pick up an led bulb today :)
Nice to hear she is feeling at home already. She might need a couple of days to realize she has a new home though but surely you know this already.
The hide with the bricks is a really nice idea and low budget I'd imagine. Is she a dragon who likes to hide from time to time?

Yes I was referring to the T5 tube and as Taco mentioned it should be 2/3 of the tank. A longer tube will bring more light to the cool side by its own but there is never too much light for bearded dragons.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom