New Queen of the world (in her own mind)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I shall build my castle on this hill and yee all shall worship me.

Attachments

• IMG_9167.jpg
    IMG_9167.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9168.jpg
    IMG_9168.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 30

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Zsa Zsa has settled in very well with you, she really looks like the Queen of the wooden mountain. Very proud dragon! How is she doing now? Is she still asking to go outside?
and I join Chris's request for a portrait of the Queen!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
She isn't asking to come out much now, Christina startled her a couple days ago and she has been a little shy since. I'm hoping that only last a couple days because she was very bold before that.
I'll try to get more pics this morning, I've been trying to leave her be as much as possible.
It's been a struggle to get Christina to leave her alone though, she is absolutely smitten with her.
She had her out at bedtime last night and Zsa Zsa settled in and wiggled into her hand, from her reaction you'd think she won the lottery lol.

Attachments

• 20240420_065017.jpg
    20240420_065017.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240420_064925.jpg
    20240420_064925.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240419_183012.jpg
    20240419_183012.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 22

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Wow, thanks for the photo! :love: You are right, you shouldn’t subject her to additional stress and take it out of the terrarium.
What an interesting color her is, tangerine. And she has such small spikes around her head, I heard that this is a feature of some morph, but I no longer remember the details.
Christina is understandable, my wife would have done the same. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Wow, thanks for the photo! :love: You are right, you shouldn’t subject it to additional stress and take it out of the terrarium.
What an interesting color it is, tangerine. And she has such small spikes around her head, I heard that this is a feature of some morph, but I no longer remember the details.
Christina is understandable, my wife would have done the same. :ROFLMAO:
Dunners are the super spikey ones.
Sinatra is a Dunner and Sweet Pea was.
She seems to be back to normal this morning 🙂 She plowed into her bugs before the bolw hit the floor lol.
Got a couple pics since she seemed willing.

Attachments

• 20240424_062402.jpg
    20240424_062402.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240424_062355.jpg
    20240424_062355.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240424_062112.jpg
    20240424_062112.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240424_062107.jpg
    20240424_062107.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240424_060916.jpg
    20240424_060916.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240424_060905.jpg
    20240424_060905.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 21

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
At this size and age it's no wonder they scare easy. I mean do the math, we are some 6000x bigger than them. Must be like being pet by a skyscraper or a humpback whale 😅
She looks really adorable and already shows some amazing colors :)

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
And she has such small spikes around her head, I heard that this is a feature of some morph, but I no longer remember the details.
Dunners, but also "standard" have them. My Taco had them from the beginning on (now significantly larger), one row around the head, one row a bit deeper, and then on the shoulders. I call it the "neck shield" :D and I really love them. For me that's what optically sets off a beardie so much from other reptiles.

Last edited:

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Dunners are the super spikey ones.
Sinatra is a Dunner and Sweet Pea was.
She seems to be back to normal this morning 🙂 She plowed into her bugs before the bolw hit the floor lol.
Got a couple pics since she seemed willing.
The Queen allowed the photo shoot because she had eaten and was in good spirits. :)
And I am very glad that today she is back to normal.

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
At this size and age it's no wonder they scare easy. I mean do the math, we are some 6000x bigger than them. Must be like being pet by a skyscraper or a humpback whale 😅
She looks really adorable and already shows some amazing colors :)
Yeah, that's what I tell everyone about babies to. They are brand new to the world and still trying to figure it all out. Can you imagine if a 1,700 foot tall lizard tried to pick us up lol. I wouldn't be scared, it wouldn't get past the smell to eat me lmao 🤣

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dunners, but also "standard" have them. My Taco had them from the beginning on (now significantly larger), one row around the head, one row a bit deeper, and then on the shoulders. I it the the "neck shield" :D and I really love them. For me that's what optically sets off a beardie so much from other reptiles.
Yeah all of them are similar, but Dunner and leatherback are actual scale mutations. Leatherbacks have much reduced scale size and much fewer spikes, Dunners have scales that aren't uniform, very haphazard. You can pick out a high expression Dunner at a glance. They are very rangy and rugged looking. Dunner is ABSOLUTELY my favorite morph.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
The Queen allowed the photo shoot because she had eaten and was in good spirits. :)

And I am very glad that today she is back to normal.
Thank you.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom