New poopers!! (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Ok so some of you where not aware but I lost just about my whole 3rd clutch to mold!! There was none in the dishes but some how I looked under the container and BAM I found mold growth!! I have never had this problem or even seen this before!!:( I have 8 left out of this clutch!! Has anyone ever had to deal with this type of problem before? Anyways without further ado......

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

Also wanted to add dad and mom in there
Dad
IMG_0367.jpg

mom
IMG_0357.jpg

sparky5969

Hatchling Member
Hey Lance cute little poopers there, glad to hear they made it :blob8: . As for mold never had any issues with my dragon eggs and mold have had an instance with my python eggs and had some mold growth. Was able to keep the mold at bay and the hatchling came out fine. I was unable to pinpoint the source of the mold as it only affected one egg. sorry couldn't be more help

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
awwwwwwww!!! way too cute!!!!!! Looking at the size of those babies makes me realize that my little Puff was either a runt...or he was way younger than what the pet store told me he was because he was about that small when I brought him home. He is thriving, but i can't get him to eat live feeders very well. he loves his babyfood slurry though!!

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Just a song to welcome them all here ....
splish splash then the dash, there go lances' eggs ! Splish splash right into the bath...Lances' eggs went pop !

*grins*
Janie.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks everybody!!! Just like Janie said they are just dead tired !! And Janie thank you for the wonderful song I loved it, the beardies on the other hand are giving you the stink eye hearing the water thing!!!! :p

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Lance,

Oh I am sorry to hear about losing most of your clutch, but, the remaining ones hatching are beautiful!
I am not a breeder, so I can't help you out with the mold issues. Did water spill out somewhere from the incubator & cause buildup on something?
Mom & dad look beautiful, but I am sure that they are tired!

Tracie

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,

Thank you very much, I think we found out why the mold started! I used spring water instead of distilled water this time!! Sadly I must say that I had lost 110 eggs!!! :( Some how there was mold and mildew under the bins in the incubator so I started to lift the eggs to find that they where flat on the bottom of the eggs and filled with mold! But the tops where plump and very nice looking!! Humidity in the containers where 82% and 80% in the incubator!! This is the first time in 6 years I ever had problems like this!!!! :( Well I can only look forward to next season..........

Kagome100

Juvie Member
wow they are so cute, I got a baby right this moment sticking its head out of a egg :)

so sorry about the mold and the eggs :(

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Dolphingirl. there are no dumb anything here!!! :wink: And thank you everybody that commented here and sent emails!! Its just a part of life! I assume mother nature did not want it her way so she cast a spell over me and the poopers to have it her way!!! Thank you everybody!!! :D :roll: Like I said, I am looking forward to next year!!! And Kagome100 Great luck to you!!! Please post the pictures!! :D :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verzx
Top Bottom